Tuesday, April 28, 2009

refashion: blue jeans overalls

This was the only time HQ got to wear this Elle Poupon overalls; it was in year 2007 and he has just reached 2.

Because it got too small for him before I remember to let him wear it. Now that it was passed down to QQ, I want to make sure this pair of overalls gets more wears and washes.

Although incredibly soft and comfortable, it’s a very plain piece. I took some red and white gingham that I really like and made several modifications to the overalls.

First, I sewed an appliqué of a cat on the bodice. I added a collar of fun mini pompoms, and a bow at its tail. I also sewed a fish, biting on a line and attached it to the back pocket. This little fish can be hidden in view when popped into the pocket.
I was tempted to add a lot more than this, but I thought QQ would not appreciate being a walking Christmas tree, so I refrained. Although this is not an Elle Petite piece, with the kitty there, it's good enough for girls, right?
She loves the overalls so much more now, especially the cat!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails