Saturday, May 16, 2009

party favors for kids

During HQ's turn to celebrate his be-early-birthday in school, I prepared party favors, which I hope is fun and healthy for kids age 3 to 6. Also, these favors should be within my budget.

These are the 60 party favors we came out with:
Contents and costs of the party favors:

A bag to hold the goodies
I kept the bag simple and just bought clear plastic bags. When all the goodies are in the bag, I simply staple the openings. They looked great as all the colourful items in the bags were visible.
Cost of 60 plastic bags = RM 2.15

Goodies that kiddies can chomp on
Now this is a very important item in any party favor, or the hungry little kids will not call them goodie bags.
I wanted to provide something nutritious; no sweets, colourful jellies, lollipops and packets of junk food. I opted for packets of Iko nutritious oat biscuits, rice puff with peanut butter/ blueberry filling, Danhua cakes, and Nips chocolate coated peanuts, which were sweet but do have better nutrition values.
Cost of goodies = RM 51.00

Something that kiddos can play with
I was watching my budget when I decide on the toys for the favors. It’s an optional item, but will be deeply appreciated by the recipients. What’s within my budget yet ooze with kids appeal?
I sourced the Internet for free pictures of cartoon characters, printed them out, sent them to the photocopier, get them stapled, and viola! Attractive colouring books, one version each for boys and girls.
Blue or green covers with pictures of Ben10, Power Ranger, Spiderman, Batman, Superman, Mickey Mouse, Bob the Builder, Pooh Bear, etc. for the boys, and red or yellow covers with pictures of Cinderella, Hello Kitty, Snow White, Little Mermaid, Strawberry Shortcake, Minnie Mouse, Pooh Bear, etc. for the girls.

The colouring books:
Pictures from the boys' and girls' colouring books:Centerspread of the boys' colouring books, featuring their favourite Ben10: Centerspread for the girls' colouring books:The kids went totally nuts over them :-)
Cost of colour paper, photocopying and stapling = RM 64.70

Total investment in party favors = RM 117.85
Cost of each party favor = RM 1.95
The figure is within my budget, and I know I’m getting quality goodies that kids appreciate. The kids seemed happy receiving their bags, comparing colouring books and chomping their goodies!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails