Tuesday, May 12, 2009

still my fav...

I am a big fan of messenger bags. I have four in my collection, and am still looking forward to have another one.

My first messenger bag is an East India one in deep turquoise. When I bought this bag, I was doing my Degree papers in one of the local uni. The bag is the perfect size to stuff all my books and papers when I moved from lecture to lecture, and for when I stay over at my course mate’s house to finish some urgent projects.

My second messenger bag is a handmade one. Crocheted with my own hands while watching tv, studying, and chatting with my uni friends. Amongst all the other bags that I crocheted, this would be my favourite. When my little guy came along, I spied on another messenger bag in FOS; spacious enough to carry milk bottles, hot water flask, water tumbler, milk powder, diapers, a change of clothes and wet tissue. Problem is my little guy is a boy, and the bag is in the sweetest shade of pink. I still used it for convenience, and it looked good on ME.

The next messenger bag that I added to my collection is a Gap khaki colour canvas bag. It’s very durable and is now a new favourite; very easy to match with any casual attire, be it jeans, skirts, or shorts.

The convenience of having both my hands free must be the main reason why I prefer these bags over other types. My hands will be free to thwart irritating mozzies, catch running toddlers; wipe snot from one toddler’s nose while spoon-feeding another toddler, etc. etc.

I’m contemplating to make another one, this time sewn in my favourite fabric. Hmm… this should be quite high on my wish list.

Share this post on Facebook

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails