Monday, June 22, 2009

1 pattern 2 looks

I love this simple sleeveless dress pattern. These two are the initial test pieces that I sewn. Like most Japanese dress pattern, I find that I have to shorten the length and widen the width of the dress to fit my daughter comfortably. Also, the armholes are a tad too big.

I'm definitely going to make more of these using my modified measurements. Here are the two very simple test pieces that I sewn up:

This first dress is sewn with trimmings at the neckline, armholes and skirt; and was made with the same fabric as this dress: The second dress is even simplier; without any frills whatsoever: Button detail. This button is also taken from my mother's tin of more than 30-year-old buttons.
These dresses are easy to make, and can be sewn into so many different looks. They are light and comfortable, very suitable for hot afternoons.

See my other handmade projects.

Share this post on Facebook

6 comments:

Big Pumpkin said...

Gosh, I've always wanted to sew....I even got myself a brand new sewing machine but it's still been in the box for years *embarrassed*

BoeyJoey said...

Once you get through a few stitches, you'll be hooked! :-)

A Mom's Diary said...

The dresses are so lovely.

BoeyJoey said...

Thanks! But still need tuning on the patterns!

Pet said...

I also found out that you can actually embrodiery flower on the button... which I have not tried yet. This I found out from my tailor.

BoeyJoey said...

Pet: Interesting info :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails