Wednesday, June 3, 2009

quickie: corn muffins

I saw this when I was at Mercato supermarket in Pavilion. Priced at only RM 2.80 per box, I thought why not? Besides the package is small and cute. The ingredients, according to the instructions, are very simple. Just this pack of Jiffy corn muffin mix, an egg, and 1/3 cup milk. Stir the batter slightly only to combine, but still lumpy. Let stand for 3 minutes. Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups (fill halfway) and bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 200C. Mine was cook through and golden by 15 minutes. I made 8.

The droplets captured in the pictures were vegetable oil that I used to grease the muffin pan... I thought the muffins will spillover as they rise in the oven. Messy baker, aren't I? ;-)

If you are looking for something sweet to ease your sweet tooth cravings, this may not be the deal. Slightly salty, my kids were not fond of them.

However, if you're looking for some healthy snacks for tea break, this would be an easy and quick fix. The texture of the corn muffins were light and fluffy. I think they will taste fantastic with some savory pinto beans. As they were really simple and a jiffy to make; I will buy 2 packets and keep them for when I cook beans for lunch.
Share this post on Facebook

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails