Monday, July 20, 2009

2

I love you, QQ. I love hearing you squeal and laugh, and how your laughter fills me with joy. I love how you are excited and afraid to come down the “big-kids-tunnel-slide” and yet, you ask to go again. I love how you say “WOW!” when you see wonder in small little things. I love how you enjoy every bit of music, and swing your hips and shoulders to the beat. I love how everyone can love you almost instantly. I love how you take pride in your singing. I love that you will always be my baby.

I love the feeling you give me when you hug me. I love the first sight and sound of you when you drop everything to greet me. I love how you talk and read gibberish to yourself. I love how you roll to me in the middle of the night and ask for milk. I love your cheeky smiles and your monkey faces. I love how you play echo after your brother’s speech. I love how your fierce bear hugs nearly topple your brother. I love how well you get along with your brother.

I love the way your little fingers feel on my features, you naming them before drifting off to sleep. I love smelling your hair and stroking your fingers while you’re deep asleep. I love how your cute little fingers look when you mimic bird, water and stone. I love that you hold your brother’s colouring pencils so well. Oh, I love what you do with your little fingers as you pinch and beat on my back… “mah-sage”, you say.

I love how quickly you forget your woes. I love how you ask your “why?” questions with big round eyes. I love how you intently watch Pinocchio and Snow White, and make your own commentaries and ask lots of questions! I love how you act brave and call yourself “brave girl, not scared”. I love how you asked to be piggy-backed. I love how you smear your breakfast on your face, hair, tummy, legs and arms and think it’s most appropriate to lick those off afterwards. I love how even during the direst moment, you are able to make me cry and laugh at the same time. I love that you are a fighter. I love that you are growing stronger.

I love you, QQ.

Happy 2nd birthday… be strong and healthy, and not change anything else. I love you just the way you are.

Share this post on Facebook

6 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

Happy Birthday to QQ :) May you be blessed with good health and happiness always :)

BoeyJoey said...

Thanks, mommy to chumsy... :-)

coffeesncookies said...

Happy Birthday QQ ! Stay strong and healthy. Fai Kou Cheong Tai !

BoeyJoey said...

:-). Thanks, coffeesncookies.

a-moms-diary said...

Happy Belated Birthday to QQ. My baby's birthday will be just two days after hers. And again, what can I say, you are good with words. I bet QQ will be so touched when she reads this in the future.

BoeyJoey said...

Thanks, a-moms-diary.
So QQ and your baby moo girl are 2 years apart :-).
*blush* I hope so :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails