Monday, July 27, 2009

happy birthday, mum

Happy birthday, Mum.

I remember the time you held my hand as we both walked to the nearby chicken farm for fresh eggs. I remember the time you taught me a poem, which now, you are teaching the same poem to my children. I remember how we made our way to the village market on Sunday mornings, a woven basket on your arm. I remember how you cherished each and every handmade item that I made for you. I remember how you stepped the pedal on your sewing machine, making a blouse out of a batik that I did in school. I remember the various delicacies that you made for us children, despite your tiredness. I remember how you packed food and send them all the way to my university dorm, just so that I can enjoy festivities food together with the family. I remember how you were still proud of me for getting 0.06 points short to first class honour. I remember the look on your face when I first came home as a married woman. I remember how you helped out during both my confinements. I remember how you lulled my children to sleep, soothed their crying, and cuddled them with love.

Thank you for everything that you have done for me, mum. I am so thankful that I have you. Happy Birthday.

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

Share this post on Facebook

5 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

this is such a touching post. happy belated bday to your mom.

BoeyJoey said...

Nostalgic nostalgic :')
Thanks, mommy to chumsy.

a-moms-diary said...

What a touching tribute to your mum...so well written.

Btw, dunno if it's me, but I always have problems leaving a comment. Multiple windows will open and when I close them, more will open. Or, it will simply hang. Lets hope this works.

Big Pumpkin said...

Happy belated Birthday to your Mom! Moms are great, aren't they? And I so love daughters who love their Moms!!

BoeyJoey said...

a-moms-diary: Thanks :-)

Big Pumpkin: Yeah; I'm so thankful for mine :')

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails