Thursday, September 3, 2009

baby gifts for my new nephew

My sister just gave birth to a healthy baby boy; we were so trilled! :-D

We were planning to pay her and baby a visit in Singapore, but because we have 2 children below 5, we have to put our plans on hold… all due to this nasty H1N1 epidemic going on. We had to miss 3 wedding dinners of close friends and a cousin abroad all because of H1N1. Boo!!!

My new baby nephew looks so much like his elder brother G in the photos. If he is anything like G, he will be an active, smart and charming little boy, which I’m sure he is :-). Now, HQ and QQ have more cousins to play with!

I have put together a simple gift for baby & mummy, consisting of both bought and handmade items:

An appliquéd onesie. I have done appliqués before but never this small. This tiny mini little elephant was really difficult to maneuver under the sewing machine. In the end I hand-stitched part of it. A matching linen pants, with a dainty drawstring to cinch the waist. Diaper pants A long-sleeved toes-covered bodysuit And other bibs and bobs.
Hope sis and little nephew like them!

See my other handmade projects.

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

Share this post on Facebook

8 comments:

wenn said...

oh, definitely she will love them..so delicate..

mommy to chumsy said...

wow, you are really good. the clothes look nice.

jacss said...

the diaper pants look cute, i've never seen such before :D

BoeyJoey said...

wenn: Hope so :-)

mommy to chumsy : I hope to do better if only I weren't so rushed... The diaper pants & bodysuit are bought one la... But next time I'll try to make them! ;-)

jacss : They are really comfortable for babies wearing diapers... Disney brand.

Mummy Gwen said...

So lovely. Too bad you can't visit them. Hope you get the chance to visit them soon. :)

Annie Q said...

Good job!! Very nicely done! I'm sure your sister will like them so much, even me also like it so much.

A Mom's Diary said...

The diaper pants are so cute. Don't think I've seen them before. You can drive to Singapore - that way you can avoid close contact with people.

The Gadget Daddy said...

He absolutely loves them! Thanks so much! We'll take some pics of him the next time he wears them.
He looks super cute in them diapering pants!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails