Thursday, September 24, 2009

doing things her way

My little girl displays similar hard-headedness as her older brother. Ever since she was about 18 months old, she has started insisting on how some things should be done her way, like wearing her shoes everywhere in the house, balancing food on chopsticks, feeding us our meal, insisting that certain jigsaw pieces can fit by practically banging it in, etc.

When we try to show her the right way of doing some things, she will go:

“I want to do myself. Don’t disturb me.”

Or “Not like that… let me show you, like this.”

Sometimes she adds: “Aiyah… why you don’t know anything one?”

o.O”

When we ask her why she wants certain things to be done in such way… her answer? An alternation of:
“Because… I want to (do something her own way) la…”

Or “Because… I don’t know.”
Her “I don’t know” is an “I don’t know” WHY, and not an “I don’t know” HOW.
She feels that she definitely know how, just let her figure it out herself, and she’ll get it eventually.

And her ultimate answer:
"Because… I like".
Just like that. In other words, she meant “because I like it that way, so you better listen to me.” Cause if not, she’ll throw a fit.

At the rate she’s going, she's a big handful, now that she already 2.

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

Share this post on Facebook

2 comments:

smallkucing said...

people say THE TERRIBLE TWO

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

QQ really can talk very very well.

My girl started to behave that too although she is still learning to talk.

Yes, Terrible Two!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails