Monday, September 7, 2009

first proper haircuts

Before QQ reaches 2 years old, hubby and Dad were her hairdressers. I have nothing to complain about their hair trimming skills (at least theirs are much better than mine), only that sometimes, they tend to trim too short! After each haircut, QQ looks like this

So, right after her 2nd birthday, I brought her to mum’s hairdresser. Mum has been having her haircuts and perms there ever since I was a child. This lady is my hairdresser too until I started working. She runs the salon all by herself and is very efficient.

While we were waiting for QQ’s turn, mum gossiped with the hairdresser and her customers. QQ found 2 jie jies to play with. One is 7 years old and the other is 5 years old. They are the hairdresser’s grandkids. This is the first time QQ met them, but just look how happy they were playing together.
Then it was time for QQ’s turn for the haircut. Everything was going fine at first. Then she started to pout. And giving us THIS look. And then she started looking very sad; I thought she’s going to cry. Thank god she didn’t. Luckily the haircut was done in a jiffy, and when QQ was rewarded with a mini Cornetto, everything was fine again :-). Just for fun, here are the pictures of HQ when he had his first proper haircut at an Indian barber when he was 20 months old.
Hahaha... I always laugh when I look at these photos :-)

10 comments:

blessed mom said...

so cute! i still cut my kids hair till now..

my boy refused to have his hair cut by the barber..only mommy can touch his hair :P

wenn said...

haha, my son also had experience at the barber's shop..he yelled his heart out..

Mummy Gwen said...

QQ can sit through the whole process that's very good. She deserves her reward. :) Your boy also look very cute in the photos..haha

kenwooi said...

haha.. it's always adorable to see little babies having a haircut..
priceless expressions =P

kenwooi.com

little prince's mummy said...

QQ behaves so well during her hair cut session! Bravo!

2ma said...

love the pic of QQ starring on the side. so funny!! *haha*

shan leo had his 1st proper hair cut at 4 yrs old!

Pet said...

Both my children's hair are either self cut or by poh-poh. I have not try taking them to the hairdresser. Not sure how it will turn out... scare to find out too!

mommy to chumsy said...

aww...so cute!!1

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I must say QQ is very good girl. She did not cry at all at the saloon.
Sarah also never went to saloon before. My husband and I were the hairdresser for her. But now I am intend to keep her hair long...

I like HQ in the last pic. He looked like tahan his tears.

BoeyJoey said...

I would say HQ was more gallant than QQ during his first trip to the Indian barber; there was no sign of tears al all. He was very concerned with little bits of hair falling into his eyes, hence the wince :-).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails