Thursday, September 24, 2009

fraser hill

The drive
We picked Dad up and started our journey at 8.00 am. My kids are both early birds, so I had no problems getting them ready. I think they were more awake than us adults. It just rained that morning, so I bundled them up in layers of warm clothing. Look how happy they were?On our way up, we spotted some monkeys. There’s also a man-made dam which was beautiful blanketed in an after-rain-fog.
When we arrived at the entrance, we had to wait for about 10 minutes before the gates were open for us to go. There’s only one way to go up and down, so the management made a schedule alternating when to go up and when to come down. QQ became restless and could not sit still.
Arrived… finally
When we finally reached the place, we quickly parked our car and came out to stretch ourselves.

HQ wasted no time to snap some photos… he looked so serious… (And… ahem… yes, I allow my son to wear pink socks… :-p)Photos that HQ snapped; although can see part of the camera strap, still not bad huh?
The weather was beautiful; skies so blue… Dad and QQHand in hand… Hemmant trail
We saw many trails as we drove up, and hubby wanted to explore them. HQ was super-excited because he has been waiting for a chance to go into a “real jungle” for so long… And the thought that he will be able to see some “jungle birds”… he was over the moon.
Interested with a curious young fern shootQQ didn't want to walk on the ground, saying “I don’t like the leaf (wet leaves on the ground). The jungle is so dark. I so scared.” And as I carried her, we had this conversation:
QQ : Mama, I so scared.
M : No need to be scared, meimei. Mama will protect you.
QQ: Mama will turn into pink colour Power Ranger and protect Baby Power Ranger ah? (she referred herself as the Baby Power Ranger here)
M : Yes… mama Power Ranger will protect Baby Power Ranger. :-D

I either carried or piggy-backed her the whole way.
Waterfall
The next stop is the waterfall. We parked the car outside and walked a loooong way in.

This is the first time my kids ever see a waterfall.

TIME TO ACT JAKUN. The water was clear and soooo cold. HQ was having so much fun he didn’t mind getting his pants wet. Luckily I always bring an extra set of clothes for both kids whenever we go out. QQ didn’t like the feel of the rough sand on her toes, so she was standing on either mine or hubby’s feet the whole time. Photo before we left the waterfall. I am so thankful that I have this man in my life...With him, I never have to work this hard (look at the LOADS on his shoulders!!!)
Especially when we had to climb this flight of stairs…
I would have *pengsan-ed*
*sayang* :-)

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

Share this post on Facebook

20 comments:

MeRy said...

Nice outing..

SJ said...

the monkey is just right in the middle of the pic. cool. haha. lik the waterfal. nice shots btw.

From me to you, suejean =)

wenn said...

wow..i hvn't been there for a long time lo..

2ma said...

i love how the boy holding the camera & taking pics like a pro!

juli said...

nice trip... ^0^
your mum didn't follow?

BoeyJoey said...

2ma: Apart from the visible camera strap in many of the photos, the pictures that HQ took turned out quite nice too :-).

juli: No wor... my mum went to Singapore to visit my sis and her new baby :-)

Mummy to QiQi said...

wah...yur hb so nice to carry one BIG bag. if i get my hb to carry, surely i kena scold.

Annie Q said...

Fraser Hill! I think i went there 16 or 17 years ago!! You must be very tired by carry QQ the whole way!! Lucky you don't need to carry the big backpack!

kenwooi said...

lovely trip..
cant remember if i've ever been there or not.. haha..
quite an adventure huh? =)

kenwooi.com

ColinJong said...

I miss this place very much. Hmm.... Think of going there again.

mommy to chumsy said...

such a lovely outing for the family. I haven't been to Fraser Hill before. Was it cooling?

reanaclaire said...

hi BoeyJoey... i never been to fraser hill..good to come by to see the pics.. at least now i know how it looks like.. hahaha..

little prince's mummy said...

Such a lovely outing...

I never been there~~~~~~~ Wish to bring my son along some day in future, too!~

the little prince said...

Nice outing!!

Been there years ago..didnt know about the water fall!! After shown my hubby the photo on the staircase..he said : NO NO!! :-)

Mummy Gwen said...

I never been to Fraser's Hill before. Mummy you are so young and pretty. Can't believe you already have 2 kids.

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy to QiQi: He volunteered one la, anyway he's the strongest of the group... hahaha

Annie Q: I carried / piggy-backed QQ at the jungle trail only. Other places, she either walked or sat on hubby's shoulders :-)

kenwooi: For the kids, yeah, cause it's their first time walking on a jungle trail & waterfall.

Colinjong: We never go there often too :-)

mommy to chumsy: It was quite cooling that day we went, as it rained in the morning and in the evening.

reanaclaire: If you like nature, it's a nice place to track & camp.

little prince's mummy: Best to wait till he's a little bit older :-). Think QQ is too young too (26 months) when we went.

the little prince: Hahaha

Mummy Gwen: Where got la, old liao lo :-)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I have been to fraser hill once. I love the flowers and plants there. So fresh and nice! Of course the air is fresh too!

HQ looked like a professional photographer there. Way to go boy!

Besides, you look great too.

Big Pumpkin said...

I havent been to Fraser's since I was a kid! Is it worth going now with kids? Have wanted to take Tee there but wondered if there are enough things to keep things entertained besides the waterfall & trails (she hates walking, my lazy bum)?

A Mom's Diary said...

Whoa! Strong man you have there, with a big backpack and QQ on top of the bag :-)

Pet said...

Have never been to Fraser hill. Would definitely want to go their as a family outing one day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails