Tuesday, October 13, 2009

essentials for my little man

I don't know if it's just me, but as my little man grows, I find that it's getting more difficult to find good comfortable quality play pants from the stores.

Play pants are pants that are worn at home for play (that's what HQ does most of the day time). They must be comfortable. And convenient. No troublesome zip to catch his underwear, no button to fumble when he makes a quick dash to the loo. Easy for little fingers to pull up and to take off.

And yes, pockets too are very important for play pants. Pockets are used to keep dinosaur figurines, Power Rangers, colour pencils & erasers, smooth stones, hankies, food (!!!), and many other little trinkets.

As his play pants outgrew, I decided that if I can't buy them from the stores, I had better make some. So I spent 3 nights (one night for each pair) making these Bermuda pants:

1st pair - pants with different shades of brown geometry prints; front and back:

I love how the pockets stood out against a different shade 2nd pair - a simple green true gingham pair. HQ said this is the most comfortable pair; possibly due to its very light, cooling and soft fabric. Front and back: It has a really big pocket. 3rd pair - Ikea's green hippo print. HQ loves this pair; front and back: 2 pockets behind. And an extra 2-inch length at the hem to let down (right now secured by buttons) as HQ grows taller! This ensures longer wear! See, I really made my effort pays :-D Verdict - the generous cut makes the pants very comfortable. And HQ loves all those pockets! He's now asking for even more mama's handmade play pants :-D.

See my other handmade projects.

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

Share this post on Facebook

11 comments:

wenn said...

wow..that's comfortable..

Zura said...

super cute! i like the hippo print ;)

smallkucing said...

I like the 1st one most

qanasuri said...

the hippo print is sooooo cute...

wish i could make it 4 my kids :D

mommy to chumsy said...

very nice pants. i like the green hippo :)

Mummy Gwen said...

All also nice. :) I want to start my sewing project again..hehe..

the little prince said...

Lovely pants!! Can make some for my boy!! :-)

My boy started to choose the pants that he want to wear...:-(

Mummy to QiQi said...

i used to wear pants like (looking like an Ah Ma) this at home when I was schooling. Just so airy and yet not too expose, right?

How I wish i can start laying my hands on sewing machine and start making simple projects like this :p

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy to QiQi: You're right, they're very comfy. I still wear handmade Ah Ma pants at home! But on kids, they look very much like Bermuda pants, with a beach/ holiday mood, and waaaay cuter! :-D

A Mom's Diary said...

Nice pants. HQ and QQ are so lucky to have handmade clothes lovingly sewn by mum.

KittyCat said...

I like the Hippo print too and I think so would my boy :-)

Ya, pockets are a big thing for him now as he'll keep his coins, rubber bands, shoelaces, stickers and God knows else LOL

But this Mummy can't (and won't!) sew so I have to go hunting for comfy and cheap bermudas for him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails