Thursday, October 29, 2009

a father's sentiment

My husband shared this with me yesterday night, and I wish to note it down for him, to be shared with you :-)

Today was a particularly long day with meetings, discussions, decisions to be made. I was so drained at the end of the day and was just hoping to get home fast, have my dinner, shower and call it a day. When I finally left my office, it was raining cats and dogs, and lo and behold, a massive jam awaited me. Tired and hungry, I was cursing under my breath.

Just then, the street lamp was shining onto my car windscreen, and I saw something magical. Amidst sprinkles of raindrops, it was a beautiful sight. It brought an instant smile and immediately melted the weight I felt on my shoulders. Imagine a furious thunderstorm ended with rays of sunshine bursting through cottony clouds, a beautiful rainbow and chirping birds. I felt everything was right in the world.

Guess what did I see?

A pair of cute hand prints belonging to my sweet little girl
:-).

*Picture from Pitch Invasion

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

11 comments:

Pet said...

Brings a smile to my face... the set of cute hand prints! Seen before a cute mouth mark? Haha... when my daughter kissed the window.

wenn said...

so sweet..

Mummy Gwen said...

Aww...how sweet. Very nicely written. :D

mommy to chumsy said...

this is very sweet :)

Mamapumpkin said...

Oh my goodness! THAT is absolutely THE BEST!!!

smallkucing said...

Sweet

Dora said...

It's a beautiful day everyday just if we appreciate & enjoy it! Oh BoeyJoey, I rcvd the parcel already. Thx :-)

Joops said...

Thanks for sharing, this is beautiful!

Thank you so much for casting your vote which led to Rylie's Victorious Smile.

little prince's mummy said...

:) Wow!~

Blessed mum said...

we r all so busy to notice such cute stuffs...isn't it great that HE gives us time to slow down and enjoy?

BoeyJoey said...

Thanks, everyone, for the lovely comments :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails