Tuesday, October 27, 2009

of watercolour, cookie monster & talking rubbish

For the past few days, it has been raining cats and dogs when we drive home at night from mum’s house. QQ was sweet to say:

QQ: Papa, raining ah… Drive slowly ah… Drive carefully ah…

She repeated this again after a few minutes, even after papa thanked her for her advice. She can be really long-winded at times :-)
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

The other night, when we were driving home, QQ started to brief us on what she wanted to do when she reaches home that night:

QQ: Go home, go downstairs (she meant upstairs), papa (switch) on cookie monster for me and koko, mama go take bath, then… mama play with us, papa go take bath, mama make milk for us, I go to sleep.

She sounded like an old lady :-D
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

One morning, we were at a T junction behind a black 4 wheel drive, waiting for our turn to take the turn. QQ commented:

QQ: Naughty black car… block our car. I take watercolour… red colour, black colour and white colour, I use my brush and colour the black car. Hmmpph!

She thought she could use her watercolour and paint the black car, seemed to me as as a way of punishment for blocking us… LOL
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
One night, while on the way back home, with limited toys at hand, HQ wanted to play pretend:

HQ: You be the mama dolphin, I be the papa dolphin, and Meimei be the baby dolphin. OK?
Mama & QQ : OK
HQ: When we are swimming, suddenly the sea go on fire. Papa dolphin and mama dolphin die, left the baby dolphin only.

WHY SO TRAGIC ONE!?!

Mama: Ha??? How can the sea go on fire?
HQ: Can! When the bomb explode, then there’s fire!

I think he remembered what was shown on Finding Nemo, where the mine exploded during the sharks’ scene. And I thought, "Yep, that makes sense". But QQ thought otherwise:

QQ: NO, koko!!! Don’t talk rubbish!!!

o.O”

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

7 comments:

reanaclaire said...

QQ sounds like a smart girl.. my girl is totally different..never talk a lot even when she was young... now she is 15 and on the quiet side too. once i told the teacher to encourage her to talk more.. :)

BoeyJoey said...

reanaclaire: My hubby and I are on the quiet side as well... but both our kids are chatter- boxes (mostly to people they are familiar with)... don't know which side they take after :-S

Mummy Gwen said...

Both of your angels are speaking so well. They are smart kids. I was laughing hard when I read the last sentence QQ said..hahaha.

2ma said...

its really entertaining to hear the kids talk!

Serene said...

ahahaha... QQ is such a talkative girl. She is smart!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I guess QQ will grow up to be a very mature girl and smart too! Hehe.

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy Gwen: Both hubby and I laughed too... she must have learnt that somewhere...

2ma, Serene, Sarah's Daddy and Mommy: When she's being funny, she can be very entertaining. But when she's hungry/ sleepy/ cranky, it can be really hair-pulling moments for me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails