Saturday, October 3, 2009

societe cafe

Societe Café is our quick and easy answer to “What’s for dinner?” It’s a familiar place offering familiar food. Convenient for us as it’s very near our offices; better still if Isetan is having sales :-)

I particularly like Societe Café’s Penang Rojak and Ipoh Sar Hor Fun.

The rojak has just the right amount of sauce at the right consistency… not too thick, not too thin, not too spicy, not too sweet, not too salty, just nice for my taste. The kerepek is also light and crunchy.

When I come here for a meal, I almost always order Ipoh Sar Hor Fun. I love the broth and the prawns. The serving size is also just nice for me. Great with lots of cili padi. Hubby ordered Chicken Chop this time round. Standard crispy fried deboned chicken, fries, sauce and salad with oil & vinegar dressing on the side. Not bad. Socite Café is located at Isetan’s entrance, 2nd floor, Lot 10 Shopping Centre. The menu is mainly local and western fares.

Their Mee Mamak, Nasi Goreng Kampung and Hor Fun with Beef are quite nice too. And do try their coconut jelly which is very cooling and refreshing. Try not to order their Chicken Rice and Spicy Prawn Mee ;-)



Psst... don't forget to enter this scrunchie giveaway! Every 6th commentor wins. Ends next Friday, 9 October. Good luck! :-)







© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

Share this post on Facebook

9 comments:

reanaclaire said...

hi Boey Joey, one day u must come to ipoh to try the real hor fun chicken.. it is really different one.. the rojak looks yummy.. reminds me that i have to go for one in Jelapang.. it is famous there..

wenn said...

wow..i love rojak..

mommy to chumsy said...

ooo..I haven't been to Societe for the longest time. I used to go there for coffee and cakes. Yummy :) I didn't know they have so many nice food like rojak :)

Blessed mum said...

Oohh..u make me drool with that ipoh hor fun photos!!! i loves it with lot of chilli padi too!! yum yum!

Mummy Gwen said...

Sedapnya the food. Must try one day. Haven't been to Lot 10 for quite some time now...prefer Sg Wang..haha. Bukit Bintang very jam lah. I used to frequent that area during my schooling days..hehe.

smallkucing said...

Aiyo...the hor fun looks very very very nice...with prawns some more...

Mummy Moon said...

The food looks yummy! Must try 1 day

coffeesncookies said...

they used to have red wine chicken many many years ago. Issit still on the menu ?

BoeyJoey said...

coffeesncookies: I haven't notice; never try it before. They used to have a bar too, but that section was closed about 5 years ago.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails