Wednesday, November 11, 2009

bad dreams

When my kids thrash around, moan and talk in their sleep, I know that they are having nightmares. Once, HQ even sat up, did a little beating on his pillow before falling back to sleep again. Another time, HQ sat up, slouched a little bit with both his palms in a position as if welcoming a little furry animal, while saying “Come… come here. Where are you? Come!” That was really funny :-D

What I notice is HQ seems to be on the soft side or is really upset when he has nightmares, whereas QQ is often very angry. I think even when they are dreaming, their dreams mirror their different personalities; QQ indeed has a worse temper compared to HQ, even when she was a baby.

These few days, right after HQ wakes up in the morning, he will tell me about his dreams.

HQ : Mama, I have a bad dream *corners of his mouth turned down, and nearing tears*

I will then move over to him, give him a reassuring hug and asked him what his dreams are about. These are some that he shared with me:


Dream #1
HQ: I dream Gong Gong bring me to the beach. Gong Gong give me a stick and teach me how to catch crabs. Then one crab bite me on my finger… very painful! Gong Gong quickly throw that crab into the sea.

*pause*

HQ: And then, a giant crab come out from the sea and chase us!!!

Wah… I would have yelled!
.......................................................................................................................................................................

Dream #2 (on a different morning):
HQ: I dream that the fan is soooo strong that *pause* it suck me inside…

Now this is really scary, even to me *shudder*
......................................................................................................................................................................

Dream #3
(I find this disturbing):
HQ: I dream everybody don’t want to be my friend anymore *sob*
Mama: But why?
HQ: Because I become… very ugly already.

Oh dear… even a four year old is already influenced by looks. *sigh*
......................................................................................................................................................................

Dream #4
(luckily, there’s one sweet dream (NOT!)):
HQ: Mama, today I have a nice dream *smile shyly*
Mama: Oh, that’s good. What dream is it?
HQ: I dream I found a lizard. I kiss the lizard and it become a pretty princess! The princess and me get married.

Oh my god! I have never told/ shown him anything about the The Princess and the Frog before. Neither had hubby, mum, dad or anyone in our household (I asked them!). When I asked HQ have he heard this story before, he said No. So where did he get that gross idea from?

Ewwww!!!
......................................................................................................................................................................

* Pardon the grammer mistakes, as that's how he speaks at the moment :-)

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

11 comments:

smallkucing said...

Could be something that he saw in TV?

mommy to chumsy said...

hahahaa..i like the last dream. a good one is better than those scary ones.

wenn said...

haha..fun to review their dreams..

Blessed mum said...

indeed very scary dream he had..wonder where he get that princess and frog(lizard) idea from?? maybe he read it before but forgotten, so its still in his subconcious mind?

Dora said...

haha cute HQ! Does he catch lizards & keep it under his bed from now on?... :-)

the little prince said...

Is this the effect of too much TV/cartoon? :-) But HQ so cute can remember his dream. My little 6 years old niece always tell me that she cant remember the dream once she wake up!! Mummy you are great can remember exactly what HQ told you ya!

BoeyJoey said...

As far as I know, we have not told/ shown HQ The Princess and the Frog. And as far as he remembers, he has not heard/ seen The Princess and the Frog... maybe he had somewhere (in school perhaps?) sometime ago, but fogotten? I really don't know :-)

Well, of course HQ does not remember EVERY dream... as I gathered, the dreams that he shared with me are considered out of the ordinary for him (not everyday activities like playing catch with meimei, or going to school, or going to supermarket)... these dreams must have been quite upsetting/ unusual so he remembers :-)

Hahaha... do you know that I have a notebook with me to jot down things that I find amusing? As a mama, a forgetful one that is, I wanted to document down meaningful things, especially regarding my kids. I know kids grow up really fast, and if I don't jot them down, I will not hear them again, or I may forget them :-)

Mummy Gwen said...

It's funny to watch them talk in their sleep. It's good that he told you his bad dreams so Mummy can reassure him it's just a dream and not real. :)

Hey..I'm also very forgetful..hehe. I should jot down too..keke. I don't even remember what I dreamt when I woke up most of the times..haha.

Annie Q said...

hahahahhaa..HQ's dream so interesting!

The last dream is so funny. hahahhahahahahhahahaha

My boys always laugh in their dream, but they still don't know how to tell me what is their dream.

HN said...

Haha, kiss a lizard? He is very imaginative! LOL!

Pet said...

My daughter has bad dreams too. I tried asking her a few times, she didn't let me know what she dreamed about. Maybe now she bigger, she can let me know?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails