Monday, November 30, 2009

best birthday present

HQ: 4 years 8 months old

On the morning of my birthday, as I was prepping myself in the washroom, I heard HQ and hubby's hushed voices. HQ was asking hubby to spell "Happy Birthday, Mama" to him as he wrote it down next to his drawing. Hubby told HQ earlier that it was my birthday, and HQ wanted to give me a present. So he drew a picture of his current favourite hero, a Power Ranger on a piece of paper, and wrote those words next to it.

HQ has always been drawing on scrap paper, memos, calendars and such. True to his "recycling spirit", he used a recycled paper to draw & write this to me as my birthday present :-)
Although I was confused between a MAMA and a WAWA, it was the sweetest birthday gift I've received :-).

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

9 comments:

mommy to chumsy said...

awwww...so sweet :) i'm sure you are going to keep this drawing forever :D

Mummy Gwen said...

Awww...so sweet. HQ draw and write very well. Yup..truly the best birthday present. I'm waiting for my turn..hehe.

CH Voon said...

cute and nice!

This photos look like your wake up style

wenn said...

so sweet..happy birthday..

BoeyJoey said...

mommy to chumsy: Yes, even if it's crumpled, I'll keep it forever :-)

Mummy Gwen: Do share when your turn comes :-D

CH Voon: That picture is of a Power Ranger la... What do you mean that it looks like my wake up style? *hands on waist* ;-)

wenn: Thanks :-)

Uncle Lee said...

Hello Boey Joey, what a wonderful present, something money cannot but, from the pure love of a young boy to his mummy.
Many happy returns of the day, Happy birthday to you.

A birthday is just another 365 days trip around the Sun....enjoy the trip.
Best wishes, and keep a song in your heart, Lee.
ps, just by coincidence, I just posted about giving a birthday present to a Singapore girl. Drop by if free. L.

the little prince said...

AWWWW..so sweet!!

Happy birthday Power Ranger 'WAWA' :-)

smallkucing said...

thumbs up!

BoeyJoey said...

Uncle Lee: Yes, I'm sure going to keep this forever :-). When he is old enough, I'll show this to him, and possibly his wife after he gets married :-D.

the little prince: WAWA... hahaha!

smallkucing: thanks! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails