Thursday, November 5, 2009

one of my family's fav restaurant

When I’m lazy too busy to cook during weekends, we usually will have our dinner at a small family restaurant near our home. I like this restaurant because it’s not too crowded and is air-conditioned. We usually order a simple meal for 2 adults and 1 kid. QQ will have her main dinner of meat and vege porridge earlier, so during our dinner time, it would be more like a snack for her.

Our simple meal:
Egg fu yung Four vegetables fried in chili belacan sauce Sweet sour meat (a must-have dish for HQ) The sweet and sour meat makes a big difference to HQ’s appetite. With this dish, he takes one third of the time usually needed to finish his meal. Mama doesn’t need to nag… HQ polishes his plate clean… Finished off his meal with some herbal tea (it’s more fun to scoop than to slurp) And will be super happy too… While QQ discovered something that kept her entertained for awhile… my gal is so easy to please :-DWe try not to eat out too often with the kids... after all, home cooked meals are the most healthy and nutritious :-).

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

13 comments:

nizaa said...

maybe u shud learn how to cook the sweet sour meat dish at home...=)

Jing Jing said...

ur daughter really cute! hahah.niceblog, next time when they grow up d, they can readbackthe past

reanaclaire said...

me too.. during weekends, i take my kids out.. my 2 big kids..hahaa.. and they end up walloping more than i do now.. yes, i also ordered simple meals such as those.. they still love the sweet sour ...

mommy to chumsy said...

ahh...all those are my fav dishes =) great to see kids enjoying their meal in a jiffy huh?

Penny said...

your boy look alike u, ur gal must be like daddy. Have u tried out the Ko lou yuk? let me know the result ah...

wenn said...

my son too..he loves sweet n sour meat..

BoeyJoey said...

nizaa: Yaya... have been experimenting :-)

Jing Jing: Welcome to my blog :-). Yes, I hope this would serve as an online journal for them. Will hop on to yours soon! :-)

reanaclaire: Soon, it would be them who will bring you out... "hou meng" la you! I still have a long time to wait :-)

mommy to chumsy: Oh yes, and I can eat in peace too... no need to nag :-D

Penny: Really? Some people say my girl looks like me, and boy looks like papa... haha, different eyes see differently :-). I've tried your recipe... will blog about it soon! ;-)

Health Freak Mommy said...

Eating out is expensive too. Homecooked food's way cheaper and healthier. My kids love the sweet and sour pork too.

Mummy Gwen said...

Love to see your kids pics. :) Gwen would eat all the capsicums, tomatoes and cucumbers on the sweet sour pork..haha.

Dora said...

Oh it's just glad to see the kids eat with great appetite! I love fu yong egg when eating out :-)

UmmiRosma said...

I love to see your kids' happy faces. So blessed. So enjoyable. Yea, just like us..we do dine out to have some fun with the kids. But one irresistable thing is that...they will get each one a new toy to bring home which will never last long..heheheee

chinnee said...

hubby and I love "Sei Tai Ting Wong" (Four vegetables fried in chili belacan sauce) too! very nice right?

Annie Q said...

yea, when we eat out, that sweet and sour meat also is a "MUST" dish. My boys will request, i want the "red colour" meat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails