Thursday, November 12, 2009

ying ker restaurant

Ying Ker Restaurant is a new restaurant at the Lower Ground Floor of Pavilion, where Food Republic is. This restaurant is located next to MOFS - Japanese ice cream parlor (near the entrance of Mercato supermarket).

Ying Ker's menu consists of Hakka food. We are not fans of Lui Cha (a traditional Hakka rice dish with rice infused with tea and served with a herbal soup and chopped plants), so we did not order one. But we heard a man, seated at the table right next to us, with a very hearty appetite, raving loudly about it. So, it must be good :-).

What hubby and I had:
Deepfried pork belly rice set (sorry, non halal). The meat was crispy, salty and had just the right amount of fat... yummy :-). Braised pork belly with white radish noodle set (em... non-halal again). The noodles are springy and moist, meat is tender and flavorful, but overall taste was too sweet for my liking. Hubby liked it though... Stirfried sun pan tze (abacus seeds) – I love this dish, really made me reminiscent my childhood days where my aunty used to cook loads of this for us to savor. However, the one that we had at Ying Ker was not as tasty... maybe I was comparing it to my aunty's famous dish :-). Sweet potato tong sui - taste okay, nothing to shout about. Food overall is so-so, but presentation is good. I especially love the copper teapot (jakun). And I saw these round things (I like round things :-P)Compared apple to apple, the Hakka Restaurant along Jalan Kia Peng serves more variety and tastier Hakka fare… bigger portion too :-).

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

12 comments:

TZ said...

I don't know how the service @ Pavilion. I had very bad experience @ the outlet in The Curve. They don't accept credit card less than RM50 and there was no notes anyway in their restaurant. So guess what? when the bill came, I took out the credit card and bingo, they told me they don't accept it. I wasn't bringing enough cash and they forced me to order more to make up to RM50. I was so pissed and argued with them. At the end, we settled with my credit card. Now i boycott them.

Moreover, their food was not tasty. My aunties cook even better than them. :p

Anyway, hello, I just dropped by from life 2009.

CH Voon said...

Yalor, agree with you...

The look is so-so...

how much the price?

S.Wei said...

There is one restaurant named '52' located at the road side towards Nirvana Memorial, serves good and nice food especially their abacus seeds. You may want to try it...:)

BoeyJoey said...

TZ: Sorry to hear about your bad experience... I like that you did not give in to their ridiculous demand. And thanks for dropping by! :-)

CH Voon: Pricing standard like restaurants in Pavilion :-)

S.Wei: What a cute name... '52'? Haha... sounds like 'not easy' in Cantonese. Will remember this and go try :-).

mommy to chumsy said...

aaahhhh..so hungry after seeing your post. my tummy is growling now ...hehehehehe. i haven't tried ying ker before but have passed by this restaurant a couple of times.

eugene said...

You never mentioned the price, right.did you?

wenn said...

the food looks delicious..

reanaclaire said...

Pavilion? when i hear this name.. expensiveness came to my mind.. must be expensive eating there, right?

Mummy Gwen said...

I heard Hakka restaurant is very good. You dine at Pavilion again..hehe. I think Dragon-I's food looks better. :)

smallkucing said...

Good that you've become "guinea pig"*joking*. Now I know to avoid this restaurant

little prince's mummy said...

Yummy!

2ma said...

i have never been to this restaurant. but i have seen it in the curve, besides pavilion. shall give it a try one of these days

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails