Monday, December 28, 2009

Curious kids need to be tough inside

Curious kids need to be tough inside.

I couldn’t agree more.

Often, I come home from work hearing horror stories about how my four year old had caught a moth, a dragonfly or any other equally creepy crawlies and house them into plastic bottles. As I pleaded to him to let them go, he pleaded to keep them as pets, so he can see them grow. Once, he swapped an unsuspecting lizard from the wall within his reach with a rotan (Malay: cane) and promptly caught it with his bare hands, just to feel its cold squishy body. What worries me as well is I can see that his little 2 year old sister is closely following suit! Just the other day she squeezed a raw egg broken because she thought she could find a fluffy chick inside!

Kids are naturally curious... it's a process of learning. However, the thoughts of my kids exposing themselves to multitude of bacteria deeply concerned me. Are my kids tough enough inside to fight those nasty bacteria?

Fortunately, there is Friso® Gold to count on. Backed with Frisoshield ™ with P2 Dual System, Friso® Gold has a combination of key nutrients together with prebiotics and healthy live bacteria. Prebiotics helps kids to instill and maintain strong tummies, in turn reducing diarrhea cases. Healthy live bacteria (probiotics) are good bacteria that helps fight bad bacteria and help strengthen immune system. Also with DHA, AA, SA and other essential nutrients, Friso® Gold is a fundamental aid to growing children overall development.Curious kids need to be tough inside. With Friso Gold, I can allow my kids observe, experiment, and experience freely, quenching their curiosity with new discoveries. Friso® Gold helps me, as a mum, happy and rest assured that I have provided the best for my kids.This blog post is my entry for Nuffnang Friso Gold Family Day Out. Head on to Nuffnang Friso Gold Family Day Out contest page to check out the exciting contest and event, and learn how you can win a family trip to Disneyland, Hong Kong, Toys 'R' Us vouchers, and cash prizes!

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

18 comments:

Byzura Razali said...

Gud Luck Pei Yi. C u There!!!

CH Voon said...

cute & creative :)

Nizaa said...

all the best in the contest..! :)

BoeyJoey said...

Byzura Razali, CH Voon, Nizaa: Thanks! Hope to see you guys there! :-)
Umm... maybe not Nizaa right? ;-)

reanaclaire said...

contest post? all the best to u!!

Uncle Lee said...

Hi Boey Joey, ha ha, kids are curious but thats how they learn. And its good they not frightened of creepy crawlies.
Love youe special effects with the photos. You're good!

I too when young would catch spiders, snakes, scorpions to keep.....sure gave my mom nightmares what she finds in my room, ha ha.
Have fun and keep well, Lee.

smallkucing said...

I got their call to but not entering :p. All the best to you!

Dora said...

I love to keep grasshopper & ants in the plastic & told mom that's my pet when I was little!

Anyway, good luck in the contest + Happy New Year 2010!

Mummy Moon said...

Nice post! The pics are very nice! I got the invitation too :)

BoeyJoey said...

reanaclaire: Thanks!

Uncle Lee: Thanks! The special effects were done with the software provided by the contest organiser.
Snakes & scorpions??? HQ did caught some spiders, but luckily no snakes and scorpions! And in your room?!?! *pengsan*

smallkucing: Thanks! Hmmm... no chance to meet you then? ;-)

Dora: Haha... me too, used to keep ants in bottles, but not grasshopper la... You have a very good new year too!

Mummy Moon: Great! Hope to see you then! :-)

Wonderful Life said...

OMG!!! I dare not touch the lizard... yeee. You kid is so daring!

slavemom said...

All the best!

Mummy to QiQi said...

we were there too! tot i saw a girl with name of QQ on her tag :)

A Mom's Diary said...

Good luck. Hope you'll win the Disneyland prize as your New Year present :-)

BoeyJoey said...

Wonderful Life: I dare not touch too... lizards or any other creepy crawlies... and I really freak out when he does that! Eee...

slavemom: thanks; but I didn't win anything :-)

Mummy to QiQi: I saw QiQi too, I think :-). Was too busy running after my kids and didn't mingle around much :-(

A Mom's Diary: Not good enough leh... momsbloggerplanet won; she wrote a very deserving article :-)

Mummy Moon said...

Hi, nice to meet you at the event! You two kids are so cute! I have taken some of their photos, and your son went for the big slide with my boy, right one after another :p

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy Moon: Yes, it was great meeting you and your little kids too :-). Yan Yan & Heng Heng are both such "guai" kids.
Heng Heng went to the big slide on his own huh? QQ knock her head while sliding down during her first ride, must be the momentum. Heng Heng really have good balance ya :-)

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails