Thursday, December 24, 2009

happy birthday, sis

happy birthday, sis.

i remember the days when we took the neighborhood school bus together to school; i think i was ten and you twelve. there's once i vomited on FS' skirt in the bus, you brought me to the school’s wash basin to clean up... i thought i was lucky to have you then, but now that i think about it, was it embarrassing for you? :-) and when i stood too near a motorcycle exhaust pipe and burnt my calf, i took the school bus home bravely but the dam gates broke lose the moment you came and open the door for me. and i do remember my very first pair of black velvet high heels was bought with your first paycheck :-)

The thoughts and dreams that you shared during our childhoods... you seemed to be the only one talking and me listening, cause well, you were more of a talker and me a listener back then :-). you love my art pieces and me your essays.

and when you left for singapore to further your studies, i saw then you were a great sis, only that i haven’t admitted it yet. you had taken care of me while in school; your maturity beyond your tender age. now that we’re both married and with kids, i admire you for your dedication, your love for your boys and well, your ability to carry yourself so well.

happy birthday, sis... take care and continue being the great mum that you are.

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

7 comments:

goolypop said...

omg! u look like QQ..err..or that's your sis. Haha.

Hami mirfday to your sis too. :)

ps. can i have ur email? wish to send u an invite to my blog. I closed it. Merry xmas too. :)

lil' bulb said...

It's always greats to have sister (I'm lucky to have three sis). We make a lot of noise when chit-chatting. You know la..women, but it's fun!

Happy Birthday to your sister.

BoeyJoey said...

goolypop: Yes, I've noticed. Email your password to me ya... boeyjoeyemail@gmail.com
Merry Christmas to you and your little gooly too :-)

lil' bulb: Thanks, S.Wei. 3 sisters! Lucky you! Yeah... sister/s is/are a blessing :-).

Mummy Gwen said...

Happy Birthday To Your Sis!!

Is your sis residing in Singapore now? My one and only baby sis is staying in SG too.

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy Gwen: Yes, she is. My sis is also my one and only older sis :-)

A Mom's Diary said...

What a touching tribute. I've got an elder and a younger sis :-)

Mummy said...

Thank you so much for your lovely post. You have been a great great sis too. :)

Bihye

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails