Monday, January 18, 2010

getting away...

My mum looks after my kids while I work during the weekdays and alternate Saturdays. I am really blessed to have my mum as babysitter. She truly loves my kids and dedicates her days to my kids’ well-being. She even takes the initiative to teach my kids many nursery songs and poems, making sure HQ does his homework and... so much more. I think she does a great job; I would not have done as well :-). And likewise, my kids love their popo to bits.

Sometimes when my kids misbehave, I will hear stories from mum when I get back from work. Mum will tell me discreetly without the kids’ knowledge:

Incident 1
Hubby left his Bluetooth at mum’s house unintentionally before going to work. When he came back, he asked whether anyone has seen it. Guess what? The Bluetooth was broken into two at the “ear clipper”.

Mum’s story:
While HQ was in school, mum was busy with her morning chores. QQ was as usual, watching her Hi 5. QQ must have found the Bluetooth and played with it. Suddenly, she ran to popo, cupping the “broken” Bluetooth in her hands.

QQ: Popo, look! Broken already.
Popo: Hah? What happen? Why is it broken? *took from QQ’s hands*
QQ: Popo broke it!!!
Popo: No… I didn’t. When you brought it to me, it’s already broken. Who broke it? *feeling suspicious*
QQ: Koko broke it.
Popo: No… koko is in school. Did you break it?
QQ: No…
Popo: Then who broke it?
QQ: I don’t know…

2 and a half and already fibbing! Oh dear… even after mum taught her that bluffing is wrong, must always tell the truth, told her “The boy who cried wolf” story, bla bla bla, she was still adamant that she did not break it. Stubborn, right? *wipe sweat*.

We only smack her buttock/ hand when she’s being naughty on purpose, so I think her real reason for fibbing is she was afraid she may get scolding and that we will be angry with her. *sigh*

Update: It just dawned to me that I had actually put it across as we assume QQ is fibbing. Well... I think I was being unfair to QQ there...

No one actually saw how the Bluetooth broke. Just because she's the one who highlighted that it was broken does not mean she has broken it. She may or may not have broken it. I'm so sorry, QQ honey, to have written the article that way...

Therefore, we did not punish her, but just reinforced the importance of telling the truth to her :-)
......................................................................................................................................

Incident 2
HQ told popo to go and cook and he will take care of his meimei. While mum was cooking, QQ rushed to the kitchen crying. When asked what was wrong, QQ explained that koko scolded her and pushed her head. Why? Because she did not know the answer to 1+1.

Gosh! Koko! You think your little meimei is very big already? She’s only 2 years old!” *slap forehead*

Popo reprimanded HQ and made him promise not to scold/ punish meimei when teaching her.

HQ said sorry and promised he will not do it again. He also sayang-ed his meimei and gave her a sticker given by his teacher from school, to show that he was really sorry. The kicker?

He sheepishly requested popo not to tell the whole incident to mama.

Because, I think, he knew he was wrong and didn’t want to disappoint his papa and mama :-)

We normally do not scold or cane our kids after their naughty incidents, as mum and dad would have punished them already. By the time we come home from work, our kids would have known their mistakes and felt sorry, so no point punishing them again :-). Also, to let them know popo and gong gong are in charge while mama and papa are at work.

.....................................................................................................................................

When I heard the above from mum, I was really tickled. I am also thankful. If mum is just another baby-sitter, I may not hear these stories. Mum is my mother, and my kids’ grandmother. So she took her time to tell me these stories, which are so precious to me. And she took her time to teach my kids and showing them the right ways. I am so thankful. :-)

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

11 comments:

smallkucing said...

Story number 1 : *pengsan*

Story number 2 : hahaha very fierce cikgu

lil' bulb said...

You are so lucky to have your mum as your babysitter.

mNhL said...

that's wonderful to have someone you can trust to take care of your kids while you and your hubby goes to work.

ChloeRuoyi said...

Doting grandparents are the most ideal babysitters, that is, if they don't spoil the kids lah. You (and the kids) are very lucky to have your mum's help and love :-)

mommy to chumsy said...

hahhahahhaha....your kids are too cute :D yeah..you are so lucky to have your mom to take care of them. wish my mom is like yours :)

Blessed mum said...

both you and your kids r lucky to have your mom as baby-sitter. :)

the little prince said...

You are so so lucky to have your mum as babysitter n 'life teacher' to your two kids!!
My in-law, they will just pampered their grandson!! - slap forehead!!

CH Voon said...

Kids sure will lying one… just need a good teaching method like ur mum.

Happy for you for having a great baby sitter : )

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

It's always better to have our mums to babysit for us... Now I am trying to persuade my mum to babysit my girl for me :P

My Botang said...

how precious to have your mom take care of your lil ones.. i wished my girl had that kind of relationship with her grandparents.. but sadly, being so far away, we only see them once a year..

2ma said...

wow, you are indeed blessed to have your mum to take care of your kids!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails