Tuesday, January 12, 2010

hakka restaurant, jalan kia peng

I love this place, for it's food and spectacular night view of Petronas Twin Towers under moonlight and night breeze. I did snap pictures of the towers, but the pictures that I took did not turn out nice, so no point showing here :-).

Hubby ordered herbal chicken, one of my favourites. Very fragrant, fall-off-the-bone tender, and so flavorful. It was so good that we pack another half bird back for my parents.
RM 22 for half chicken. We had steamboat too, another of my favourite, as I find the broth not too salty and not laden with MSG. We ordered 2 pax @ RM 20 each. Ingredients were very fresh and I love that they provided lots of vege. We noticed that they get a lot of patronage from business people (during lunch) and planned tourist tours (during dinner). We witnessed 3 troups of tourists coming in huge busses while we were dining there that night. Besides the above dishes, I love their spinach in superior soup, yong tofu, crispy pork and crab bee hoon. We tried stuffed crab once, but found them too oily and salty.

Hakka Restaurant
6, Jalan Kia Peng,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
(behind Pavilion)

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

7 comments:

Mommy Ling said...

Yum..yum..drooling =P for the chicken. Looks so delicious and the price is quite reasonable too.

If happen to be there, will drop in to give a try.

reanaclaire said...

hi boeyjoey.. i had the herbal chicken last night too in Mar Poh, maybe tonight i will post those in..

Kancilbiru said...

yummy steamboat...i never had a chance to try any steamboat before. maybe i should try once..;)

Cynthia said...

me too used to eat at this place while I was working in KL town..even our CNY 'hoi gong' lunch was there too.. :D

smallkucing said...

Hey...i didnt know hakka restaurant have steamboat. I thought only hakka dishes. Thanks for the information :)

mommy to chumsy said...

oh boy...i am drooling now..especially the soup. now i feel like having steamboat..hahahahaha

jacss said...

while i like steamboat a lot too, i didn't know that it's a hakka dish...strange to find steamboat in a hakka restaurant leh :D
didn't order hakka's famous like "wu tau khau yoke" & "char yoke" ???

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails