Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Nuffnang Friso Gold Family Day Out

Following my entry for Nuffnang Friso Gold Family Day Out pre-event contest, we received an invitation for 4 to the event at Kidzsports & Gym, One Utama on 2th January 2010. It was very well organised with fun activities planned to the brim for both parents and their kids. Kudos to the Nuffnang and Friso Gold team!

At the entrance
When we reached the location at 9.10 am, the queue was already very long. Posed for a photo first :-).

“Curious kids need to be tough inside” - the theme of the event.
Once in, it’s FUN time!

When the kids were in the play area, HQ quickly made his way up the big slide, followed closely by QQ. Only when I went to the other side, I realized that the slide was REALLY high and steep. As I watched HQ slided down, my heart skipped a beat. I was feeling really not good about this. I signaled to QQ to move down from the other side, but too late. My baby was already on top of the slide getting ready for the plunge… True enough, the momentum of the steep slide sent her backward and she knocked her head hard. She baaaawled. I quickly carried her and soothed her; luckily there's no big "bungalow" and she quiet down in less than 10 seconds. *phew*

For QQ’s age of 2.5 years old, the pool of balls was definitely more suitable. HQ joined her to cheer her up.
Briefing!
The emcee of the day, a handsome lad named Marcus, gave us a briefing on the list of activities lined up. I must say the activities were very well-planned and hubby and I were discussing how to participate in all… hahaha.

And do look at the amazing turn up! :-D Next, Nuffnang’s country manager, Mr. Nicholas Chay gave a brief speech. Followed by Ms. Deddy, FrisoGold’s representative giving her warm welcome to all parents and kids.
Activities!
After the brief, all kids were so excited to start having FUN. HQ played some games with other kids, and later adjourned to the steep slide again. While QQ went to the baby gym with Papa. From Papa’s feedback and pictures taken, QQ had great fun experimenting and exploring around. She even asked a Kidzsports attendant for a chance to blow some bubbles :-). There was a also talk given by renowned nutritionist Ms. Ruth Liew, which I’m sure was really informative. However, I did not get a chance to attend, as I was busy running after my kids :-(

After the baby gym session, QQ joined HQ at the steep slides. HQ discovered that he didn't need to do much to balance himself by lying down :-)Well, we mummies had our fun coming down the slides too :-pThere was also a sand art station for kids who want to take a breather after all the running and jumping.

At the swing… whee! HQ exploring…
Lunchtime!
What’s this? QQ doesn’t want to leave the play area for lunch... she was having too much fun. But when I told her that there’s spaghetti in the menu, she brightened up :-DScrumptious meal for the kiddos. Adults had another food station, buffet style. Yummy!
Games & Magic Show!
After a filling meal, there was a magic show for the kids, which the kids thoroughly enjoyed. Before the magic show start, Marcus invited some kids to come forward. When HQ heard that there’s “presents” involved, he shot up his hand. I was surprised as HQ is normally shy among strangers (needs a lot of warm up). He went to the front and announced his name when asked. QQ wanted to be part of it too, and went to the front as well. She also told her name clearly to Marcus. “Good!” I thought :-)

Waiting for instructions. (QQ, missing her nap, was already feeling very tired and looking droopy…) The kids were told to dance, and... HQ started to sulk as he didn’t know he had to dance! *sigh* He shouted from the front to me “Mama, I don’t want to dance!” before coming back to his seat. Sigh… he enjoys dancing groovy moves at home with us, but with strangers... I guess he's still shy. (There were also Yan Yan and Heng Heng (Mummy Moon’s kids) as well as Didi (one of Chin Nee’s twins) in red)

After the dancing session, the emcee asked the floor who did the best, one kid after another (that cute little girl sitting at the far right won). When it was QQ’s turn, Marcus remarked “Ini macam nak gaduh ni”, which sent me reeling with laughter. Yes, QQ protested when Marcus Koko held her hands to dance. LOL QQ was really happy with her yoghurt drink… her first time participating in a game and first present from a game! :-) Actually, both HQ and QQ achieved their many firsts on that day :-D.

The magician finally arrived, and the kids were deeply impressed. I was impressed too... haha! HQ was very entertained! At the end of the event, the results of Nuffnang Friso Gold Family Day Out contest were announced. Here’s the ten winners for pre-event contest; each won RM 100 Toys’ R Us vouchers. Congratulations! The grand prize winner, for a trip for 4 to Hong Kong Disneyland pre-event contest, was won by Mrs. Nor Rosmini. Well deserved!I got to meet some familiar online mummies – Baizura, Mummy Moon and Anasfadilah. Got to know that Chin Nee and CH Voon were there too, but did not get the chance to catch them :-(. Also got to know later (a lot later) that the mummy I saw with Mummy Moon was Cynthia with her adorable Princess :-)

Besides the 2 nice t-shirts that my kiddos wore, there was also a huge bag of goodies we brought home consisting of a tin of Friso Gold milk powder, a bar of yoghurt drinks, notepads, Friso Gold filing box, and a pen. Thanks, Friso Gold!

Thank you again to Nuffnang and Friso Gold for organising such a wonderful event! We had so much fun, and are definitely looking forward to more of such events! :-)

Thanks to Nuffnang and Hubby for the pictures!

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

12 comments:

CH Voon said...

i saw your children there!

but dont know who is you hehehe

but at the end i know who are you... during your girl and boy dancing there :P

enjoy!

smallkucing said...

wow syok leh. Kesian QQ wake up early yawning in the 1st pic. HQ very goo Kor kor. From pic can see he take cre of mei mei

Merryn said...

:D I was there too! Voon told me he saw you but I did not know you then *shy* I was one of the winner for the RM100 voucher. I'm in that picture with my husband and my son Ethan :)

BoeyJoey said...

CH Voon: I knew you and your family will be there from my previous post comment "Curious kids need to be tough inside". Didn't have the chance to catch you on that day :-(. Then I saw your photos with Venessa & wifey all over Nuffnang FB :-D

smallkucing: Yalo... although very happy, she started the day badly, knocked her head some more :-(. Yes, HQ was very protective :-)

Merryn: Hi! Congrats for winning! It's ok, we can always get to know each other anytime on cyberspace :-D

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh..what a fun event. I can see HQ and QQ are always holding hands..sweet!

Hey..I saw Mummy Moon's kids, Merryn and family. You took so many photos..awesome. :)

Kancilbiru said...

Seems like QQ loves the spagetti so much..:D

Debbie Y said...

wow... that was a great day out. Both HQ & QQ were so happily enjoyed themself.

Mommy Ling said...

I love to see the way QQ eat her spagethi...so cutee...she just cant wait to taste it...hehehe

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy Gwen: Yes, koko always want to take care of meimei :-). Photos are mostly taken by my hubby ler... and I borrowed some from Nuffnang.

Kancilbiru: She loves any noodles :-)

Debbie Y: Yes, they enjoyed themselves very much. Hey, thanks for visiting :-)

Mummy Ling: She loves any form of noodles :-)

Cynthia said...

nice seeing you!!! hopefully next time we can say 'hi'... :D

BoeyJoey said...

Cynthia: Ya ya :-)

Annie Q said...

Looks like everyone had fun and it's like a mini gathering for all mummies and daddies. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails