Monday, March 15, 2010

on our own :-)

Last Saturday (13 March 2010) was my first attempt bringing my 2 kids out ON MY OWN, and one kid didn’t go missing we all came back together unscathed! :-).

Hahaha... maybe that's no big deal for some of you mummies, but it was for me. To tell you the truth, I have only brought one kid out on my own before, and that's to the neighbourhood grocery store. Even that made me nervous :-).

Both kids were down with a very stubborn fever since 4 March (plus flu and cough), and upon checking with the pead (8 March 2010), it turned out to be a mild ear infection for HQ, and possibly a revisit of pneumonia for QQ. The pead suspected the same virus, but both kids reacted differently to it. So last Saturday (13 March 2010) was a follow-up check, and I brought them both to the hospital ON MY OWN (ishh... must repeat this again :-)).

Upon reaching, first thing I did was to buy 2 huge doughnuts from Starbucks to keep them seated. They ate and watched telly while waiting for our turns. I forgot to note that sugar means hyperactive kids!

Long story cut short... HQ's condition had cleared. QQ had to take another 2-day-course of Prednisolone, and continue with Ventoline and Seretide for another month. After the consultation, I let them both help themselves with the toys and books at the doctor's waiting area while I went to pay the bills and collect the meds.

Upon returning to fetch them, QQ lost one shoe. One pigtail undone and hair in a mess. The place was in a mess too, thanks to them. Although they're really noisy, I was relieved to find them seated next to each other playing some kind of dinosaur war games. After retrieving QQ's shoe and retied her hair, I invited both to leave for home. Both told me they wanted to stay awhile longer. I chatted with the nurse for awhile and invited them to leave again. Both protested.
I unleashed my ultimatum weapon:

Mama:
Ok then, I'll go home myself then. You can stay here and play all you want.
HQ: OK! You can come and fetch us home later! *happy*
Mama:
Oh, no... I'm not coming here again to fetch you.

HQ looked at me wide eyed, while QQ the smart-aleck suggested:
QQ: We can walk home!
Mama:
Do you know the way?

A pair of parents there looked at me in disbelief but HQ is smart enough to sense that I'm not joking. He quickly started to pack the toys back into their respective containers and whispered to QQ to do likewise. I was laughing inside... LOL!

And so we made our way home, uneventful, but it was fun to have both kids to myself. Overall they were angels, holding hands and looking after each other, while being mindful that mama is close-by.


Too bad no pictures to note the significant achievement (for me it was!), as I was busy trying to grow another pair of eyes behind my head keeping my eyes glued on the kids.

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

15 comments:

Mommy Ling said...

Yea, i definetely understand how de hassle situation can be...it's not easy tagging 2 kids along by yourself. The eyes cannot even peep to another place for a second...hehehhe.

mNhL said...

Salute! It was really a great achievement for you. I will not dare to bring 2 kids on my own. So far, I will either bring 1 along and normally, I will choose the older one. easier to handle. haha....

reanaclaire said...

not baby day out but babies day out! not bad.. so it is an achievement for u, singlehandedly but i think your kids are very obedient :) so kwai..

Kelvin said...

Taking care of 2 kids is not an easy task.

A big clap to you and those mummies out there.

eugene said...

yes indeed children are angels,,,,, and i pray that they are doing well now and may the good Lord shower them with tonnes of blessing,,,,,and to you too

you have a great week ahead ya

ChloeRuoyi said...

Not too bad lah.. the kids were overall very well-behaved, except for the undone pigtail and missing shoe part hehe :p Next attempt... the mall, perhaps? Haha!

smallkucing said...

Not a bad trip at all.At least all come back in one piece...ekeke

LittleLamb said...

so more outings soon lo....its just a matter of getting used. i fly around with my son alone too...

Mommy to Chumsy said...

You are very brave :) Sorry to hear about the kids being sick. Speedy recovery to them.

Ann said...

hahaha...even with ONE kid I contemplate my guts to go out alone!

But glad the threat worked!!! If not....pening kepala!

Mummy Gwen said...

Very good leh. Salute you. :)

Gargles said...

practise makes perfect! if you can't handle 2, how to handle another 2 more later? (assuming another 2 more on the way laa..)

well done! welcome to the 1Mommy--with-kids-dayout club.

BoeyJoey said...

Mommy Ling: Agree agree! So afraid one may go missing!

mNhL: Hahaha, me too!

reanaclaire: Sometimes they are quite kwai la, but sometimes... *haiz*

Kelvin: :-D

eugene: Thanks, Eugene :-)

BoeyJoey said...

ChloeRuoyi: HQ did suggest that we go to the mall after the hospital trip... no no! I'm not that skilled yet!

LittleLamb: One kid is alright... but two? Hyperactive ones? I wish I have another clone of me then...

smallkucing: if not, you won't even see this post lo...

Mommy to Chumsy: They're on the mend... much better now :-)

Ann: Ya lo... if the threat didn't work, I don't know what I'd do...

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy Gwen: You often bring Gwen out alone... you're great to, Mummy Gwen :-).

Gargles: Ini orang yang experienced bercakap ni... must learn from this woman.
eh eh... 2 + 2? Oh... will have, one day la when my 2 come back with their 2 spouses! Hee hee

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails