Tuesday, March 16, 2010

quick lunches: angel hair pasta & meat sauce

I cooked this meal for lunch last Sunday, which was similar to this one. Instead of blanching some leafy vegetables, I threw silvered carrots into the meat sauce instead.On a good day, HQ is able to finish one heaping rice bowl of this dish (white bowl in the background) :-D.This black bowl portion is mine… yummy!Healthfreakmumy blogged about one really yummy saucy noodles sometime ago using pickled vegetables. I would like to try replacing the carrots with this pickled vege one day :-)

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

10 comments:

smallkucing said...

Nope..cant tempt me...looks delicious but am just not into pasta kekeke...love your handworks though :D

mNhL said...

Wow...full of ingredient. Can't even see the noodles! hahah...

ChloeRuoyi said...

Looks really good! I always cook pasta with soup only cos that's what my girl (with the most boring tastebuds) likes most :(

Mommy Ling said...

i want 3 bowls..hehheh..love pasta especially FRIED one

wenn said...

looks yummy! i hvn't cooked pasta for quite some time already!

CH Voon said...

look nice to see, and sure nice to eat. You put too much of meat rigtht?? Until I cannot see your pasta. Heheheh

Mummy Gwen said...

Most of the time I cook it with tomato sauce.

Annie Q said...

ah! Good idea, i can cook the mince meat with asian style instead of using pasta tomatoes sauce. Thanks for sharing, will try this out. :)

BoeyJoey said...

smallkucing: I loooooove pasta. Luckily my family loves it too :-)

mNhL: Below is all noodles ah...

ChloeRuoyi: My kids love with soup too. As long as noodles, they wallop la...

Mommy Ling: Sekejap mari! :-D

wenn: Pasta is healthy; cook more often :-)

BoeyJoey said...

CH Voon: Below all noodles ah, so must put more meat sauce on top...

Mummy Gwen: I do that too, with canned tomatoes :)

Annie Q: Sometimes I cook tomato saue too with canned tomatoes and meatballs. But this is quicker :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails