Wednesday, March 10, 2010

refashion: khaki pants to flouncy skirt

HQ had his pair of Miki khaki pants that he absolutely loved. He wore this pair of pants to many places, one being the Rabbit Farm in Bukit Tinggi (he was 1y 7m old in this picture). He was more chubby back then :-). The pants got too short for him, and it was passed down to QQ to be loved again. I had refashioned this pair of khaki pants once, blogged here. Again, it got too short for QQ, and so now I'm giving the pair of pants another round of refashion :-D.

First I snipped the top half off, being very careful not to puncture the pockets (I removed the frills too).
And then I added layers of hemmed cute strawberry fabric to make a flouncy skirt! Isn't it cute? :-)
Details of the layers. The first layer of the skirt was sewn right on top of the khaki material to create more details and interest. I think I'm going to dig some of MY skirts to make this sort of refashion next :-D. See what I did with the legs of the pants! See my other refashion projects.
See my other handmade projects.

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

20 comments:

2ma said...

wow, so nice!!! u are really good lar!! good job!!

smallkucing said...

Tabik!

Cynthia said...

I surely and solely envy you.. how can you be gifted with sure a pair of magical hands!! I can't even hold a needle properly.. muahaha.. NICE NICE..

Mommy Ling said...

I solute you for being so creative.

A nice done mini skirt.

Mummy Gwen said...

What a smart idea. You always able to find nice and pretty fabrics.

My Botang said...

OMG!! I simply love that fabric.. it is super cute.. and i really like the way you match it with red thread.. very pretty..
I have cut some of my girl's old pants to make something similar.. but the pile has been sitting there being neglected..uhuhuh you've just inspired me to work on them again.. ganbarimasu!! (i will try my best)

CH Voon said...

nowaday... getting less woman know to make clothes lo...

u look expert somemore... i dont know to make

nizaa said...

wow...creative! and comel too...

slavemom said...

Ur 'recycled' skirt is awesome. The clothes u bot for the kids r vy 'tai' leh. From HQ to QQ, then refashioned again. *keng*

the little prince said...

Wow!!! Innovative on fashion!! Mummy you are so so great!!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

*clap clap clap* well done pei yi. very nice :D

Ann said...

WOW...looks cool! Very good job. Must show it to my mum and get her to do some for my little girl!

ummiaqeef said...

wah..u r so creative..so cute..

LittleLamb said...

again..memang talented la....
u can think of ways to recycle..

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

*pengsan* You really really very very geng one lor!!!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Very impressed with your work! Nice!

Mummy to QiQi said...

*faint* can't imagine u can actually think of such idea!

Malaysia said...

wow, macam ini pun boleh! you are so creative.

Perrine said...

Hello, I love the idea and would like to post about it on www.petitcitron.com/blog which is a French sewing website : can I "take" a picture? Thank you,

BoeyJoey said...

Perrine: Thank you for visiting my blog. Yes, you may take a picture/ pictures to be featured on Petit Citron blog :-).
I do appreciate if you could name and link the source :-). Once published, do let me know the URL as I would love to link you back! :-).

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails