Friday, March 26, 2010

refashion: pants to memory bag

Back-dated project: Done many months ago, before CNY.

Remember this pair of pants? I cut it up and made it into a flouncy skirt, blogged here... So what did I do with the legs of the pants?
As they are in very good condition, I decided to do something with it. I made a sling bag for HQ.

I named it Memory Bag, as this pair of pants held many good memories for my boy :-).
For the strap, I attached a strap from his first drinking bottle... another memory to behold :-). Coincidentally, the colour of the strap matches the stitches beautifully.
I have this little blue iron-on plane applique in my stash... and it completes the look of the bag really well :-). Took this opportunity to practice sewing zippers again... The zipper opens to a lined interior, which was an Ikea cotton fabric.

My boy finds it spacious enough for many little dinosaur figurines, a small wallet, and a packet of tissue. Great for going out! So, that's how a much loved pair of khaki pants is loved again :-).
See my other handmade projects.

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

25 comments:

d u r a said...

great refashioning idea!
i'm always two thumbs up for this kind of project.
and oh, the iron-on plane is soo cute. where did u get it?

mNhL said...

a big WOW! u transformed a pant into a skirt and now, a bag!

Mummy Gwen said...

Wah..not wasting a single scrap..hehe. Good idea. Can sew zipper already..good lah you. I haven't venture that far yet..hehehe.

smallkucing said...

I really salute you la...Nothing is wasted

LittleLamb said...

so cool...
i always have the ideas to innovate/improvised.. but i cant implement. no sewing background :( no fingers..

ChloeRuoyi said...

And the other side is reserved for QQ, I assume? Very nice :-) Every inch of the pants is well-utilized this way. Great job!

P.s. I used the same Ikea fabric to make curtains for C's bedroom ;-)

Kelvin said...

I missed his chubby look....

slavemom said...

So nice, and vy meaningful. U're jes amazing!

lil' bulb said...

Applause to you, I love the lining, color and design very sharp.

wenn said...

very creative!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

once again, you leave me speechless with your creativeness. the memory bag is simply awesome!

Mommy Ling said...

the bag is so cute lor...love it.

CH Voon said...

so creative you are!

some mummy good in cooking.

some mummy good in making bento.

some mummy good in .....

you are good in craft.. make one for me. :P

My Botang said...

awwww.. this is very cute.. love the idea and very neat zipper!! job well done!

Sherry said...

wan ask if you get already or not the ribbon necklace

Sherry said...

so pretty! I love it!! hehe.. make in to sling bag!! aiyo.. so dare to cut it up.

me.. sure sayang.

Serene said...

wow, the khaki pants is fully utilized! Love the sling bag... it match so well with the strap and the aeroplane! Your boy must like it!

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, Holy Smoke! You sure one real creative lady. And your boy looks great in his cargo pants ad cap.

Love your creations....you have a very imaginative mind, good for you, BJ.
Have fun and stay young, Lee.

Alice Phua said...

Wow! Mummy is very creative and good in recyling old clothes into other useful things! Tabik!

Zura said...

Very nice! I love this idea! We have tonnes of too small cargo pants for these, gotta get the scissors out and make plenty of little ling purses :)

Big Pumpkin said...

You are SO creative! I havent been here for awhile because your blog was shut down for awhile. Or I couldnt access it for some reason? But great to be back!

Annie Q said...

WOW WOW!!! Very nice! I love your memory bag! You're really good in sewing!!

hoyoyi said...

Hi There,

You are a very creative mummy I must say!!! CLAP CLAP!

A Mom's Diary said...

How amazing that a single pair of pants can turn into so many things. And the memory bag turns out really nice.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I am so impressed! The bag is so trendy and nicely make.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails