Tuesday, March 16, 2010

refashion: dino on leash

HQ is a big fan of dinosaurs, especially the big and mighty tyrannosaurus. I have been looking for a dino picture to be appliqued for a very long time, but was not satisfied with what I found.

Until one day, I chanced upon this:It was a t-shirt that I saw in The Mines... but it's adult size and quality not so good. I thought of replicating it, so I quickly snapped a picture :-).

This is what I produced:In the process of applique, I lost some fingers and a foot (not mine! The dino lost the fingers and the boy in the picture, foot). The details were sooo tiny the parts litereally went missing (torn away). Not skilled enough and I hope to do better next time :-).
Details: When I presented the appliqued t-shirt to HQ, he was overjoyed! At the end of the day, I think that's what most important :-).

See my other handmade projects.

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

18 comments:

nizaa said...

ish cantik sangat laaaa....t shirt biasa pun nampak mahal...hehe

smallkucing said...

Great!

reanaclaire said...

very unique.. sure no one has this tshirt except HQ

wenn said...

wow, nice!

Ann said...

WOW...impressive. You make me feel like picking up sewing again.

Broccoli Ginger said...

good idea! :) limited edition huh?

Sun Sun said...

Wauh.. Amazing!!

Mummy Gwen said...

You are so smart. Very nice.

Annie Q said...

nice and very unique!

Serene said...

wow... You're very very TALENTED! This is unique and the color are so match!! Love it =)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh boy, you are really good. the t-shirt looks nice. there is nothing more important than to see the smile on your kids' faces eh?

Gargles said...

Nice! especially with the blog url printed below the t-shirt! what? you mean there's none? you should! it's so cool!

Anggie's Journal said...

wow .... i hope i can sew this too, cos my boy is a great bigger fren for Ty-rex too :P

BoeyJoey said...

smallkucing: Thanks! :-)

nizaa: Yes, it was a t-shirt biasa, but good quality one.

reanaclaire: You're right, Claire. It's one of its kind :-).

wenn: Thanks!

Ann: You sew too? Do show your projects :-)

Broccoli Ginger: Yes, but I may consider to make more ;-)

BoeyJoey said...

Sun Sun: Thanks, Sun Sun! Welcome to the bloggie world :-D

Mummy Gwen, Annie Q, Serene: Thanks, Mummies :-)

Mommy to Chumsy: Yes, they often feel very special whenever I make things for them :-)

Gargles: Make my son look like a walking billboard meh? But come to think of it, good idea hor? ;-)

Alice Phua said...

Still a great job done even though the more detailed parts are lost! Personally, I don't think it's that critical to have lost the hands and foot when applied into applique! :-D

Mummy Moon said...

Very nice, just sew what the kids love, and they are happy.

A Mom's Diary said...

Awesome!! If you didn't point them out, I wouldn't have noticed the missing parts. HQ is soooo lucky.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails