Sunday, May 2, 2010

Black Canyon

I was first introduced to Black Canyon by hubby when we were holidaying in Bangkok, way back in year 2004. I loved this coffee house ever since.

Like Gloria Jeans which is a homegrown version of Starbucks (although there's a big difference in quality), Black Canyon is the Bangkok version. Besides serving good coffee, Black Canyon's menu is a fusion of Thai and Western cuisines. There's not many Black Canyon in Malaysia; the only one I've been to is located at Summit USJ.

They have many set lunches consist of a main course of either rice or noodles, a chilled watermelon juice or iced lemon tea and for some sets, a serving of tomyam soup. For me, I'm game for anything stirfried with fresh basil leaves. Their stirfried pasta varieties are really nice too, especially love the one with tuna.

I ordered a rice lunch set, comprising of seafood stirfried with basil leaves, tomyam soup and watermelon juice. The seafood stirfried with basil leaves really taste similar to the one that we had in a local family-run restaurant in Bangkok. Ya, so nice until I still can roughly remember the taste. Really authentic. Looking at these photos now, I can't help but to salivate. Hubby's set - some fried rice set with soup and drink, which was quite nice too.
(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogsot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

14 comments:

goolypop said...

oooh! i so used to go canyon last time...their green curry...yumz!

smallkucing said...

Delicious looking food. If not mistaken, I think I saw one at Summit USJ

coffeesncookies said...

I like Black Canyon, esp in Bangkok n Phuket but over here, it doesn't taste as good. dunno why ? maybe I was in a holiday mood, BC taste better eh ? What did yr hubs say abt BC here in in Thailand ?

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh..Black Canyon is from Thailand ah. These are my kind of food...spicy!! :)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh we love Black Canyon too. I love their iced coffee. the only one we go to is in Ipoh jusco whenever we go back. We have been to the one at the summit once...but too far *sigh* Oh..there is another one at Centerpoint, One Utama :D

slavemom said...

I love Thai food, but dun really like tomyam that's served here. Too spicy for me. :)

Ann said...

oh...i didnt know the origin of Black Canyon though I have heard alot about it. Will have to try it one day!

prince n princess mum said...

The food looks superb!

Kelvin said...

Yeah, I still can remember the taste of Black Canyon Coffee. Yum Yum

CH Voon said...

look spicy food!

i like it!

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, wow! I have never heard of this, but I sure love what I see. They look sinfully delicious too.
Can see you guys live to eat. I eat to live, ha ha, Lee.

Mommy Ling said...

Came across this rest before but not sure how is the food..

after reading ur post...hmm..if happen to pass by will hop in..hehehe

Alice Law said...

Price not mention... must be quite pricey right?! I reckon they serve sumptuos foods, by simply judging from the photos you have taken!:p

Have a nice day to you!

the little prince said...

I have only try the outlet at Ipoh during one of the visit and till now I keep telling my hubby that coffee is super nice!! Thanks for the info about the Summit outlet, will 'nag' my hubby to go there then!! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails