Tuesday, April 6, 2010

bringing my kids to the mall... on my own!

This would be my second time managing the kids on my own; this time we braved the mall :-D. First stop was Starbucks, where we had our breakfast. HQ managed to finish one huge doughnut and a bottle of tazo burberry drink.
QQ and I shared our doughnut and tazo :-) Later we met up some friends; JH & AP... they were god-sent!

I now can breathe easier... best thing was JH did all the toilet duties with HQ the whole time they were with us :-D. We also went to the book store... voluntary baby-sitters + book store? a dreamy combo... I can now even shake legs while flipping my fave mags :-D. We spent quite some time at the book store until JH and AP left at 12.30pm. And I'm left again with 2 active kids all to myself...

I decided to bring them to "ah yip leng tong" for lunch. That's when something really scary happened...

This MORONIC mama was holding both kids' hands as we descended the escalator. First floor, we managed. Second floor down, I had to let go HQ's hand, and he was left stranded on top :-(. I quickly rushed down the escalator with QQ and rushed up the adjacent escalator again to fetch HQ. Luckily no one fell from the escalator and no one went missing.

Lesson learned... if you are going on the escalator with 2 kids, always carry one and hold the other's hand, or use the lift. Don't be as STUPID as me :-(.

Lunch was okay until QQ needed to poo, so we hastily finished our lunch. I was in the loo with QQ minding her business (door opened) while HQ waited at the basin area. Business done, and we readily left the loo.
(sorry, no picture on this episode)

We still had some time to kill, so I brought them to McD for sundae and fries. I put up this photo cause QQ had given herself some chocolate mustache... LOLAnd finally... we met up with Papa! :-D

See what happens when my kiddos haven't seen their Papa for some time?
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
They stuck to him like KOALA BEARS :-D.

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

24 comments:

smallkucing said...

I want McD too. Wow...depan belakang mari ah...Lucky Papa is very strong :D

Gargles said...

err, how come you can't hold each in 1 hand ah? that would only be a problem if there are 3 kids and you have 2 hands only, right? or you were holding your LV bag that time, izzit? then lesson learned is :

1. put LV bag on the floor at the top of escalator, then come back to take later (don't ask me to pay you back if it's missing ah, no guarantee one!)

2. tell one of them to hold the bag for you.

or 3. don't take any bags next time.

Most of the time, I'm only worried that one of them wanna pee/poo then and there, while the food just only arrived. Grr... I would be so fuming mad when that happens.

CH Voon said...

i pity your hubby... if your kids grow up another 2 years...

woo... your hubby cannot afford to take the load anymore.... pity him.

Mummy said...

hi sis, i think maybe it's time you teach HQ to go on the escalator by himself? you will be next to him but you won't have to hold his hand. it sure helps for me now that i have a stroller to push as well. :)

Mummy Gwen said...

Not easy managing 2 kids. You did well. Where did papa go?

Alice Phua said...

Hahaha...your kids manja-lah when they see their papa!

mNhL said...

Wow...bringing 2 kids to the mall!!! I dare not do that yet because I don't think I can handle them all by myself. Like 1 need to poo and have to keep an eye on another one.....phew...so tension.

coffeesncookies said...

I'd take the lift. Sometimes when I'm not confident handling the stroller, I'd take lift. Much safer.

Sherry said...

great job doing alone with 2 kids.

lil' bulb said...

Fully understand your stress when handling 2 kids outdoor. Nvm, practice make perfect. U sure can do it better next time.

wenn said...

they miss their papa..

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Good job!! Don't be too hard on yourself... not easy to manage 2 active kids alone but you did great!!

reanaclaire said...

why was she crying? or was she not?
i can imagine your horror when you son was left up there.. hahaha.. yeah, nasib baik he didnt fall like my son did.. but Thank God he was not seriously injured!

LittleLamb said...

i only hv one n i brave the malls, outings all by myself + my kiddo. just more practice!

2ma said...

the last pic is so sweet!!! anyway, i am sure after this round, you are more well prepared when bringing the kids out alone

Mommy Ling said...

Ok..i yet have the courage to bring 2 in my own cos i m afraird one need poo, and the other i dont where i should locate her. In case if elder one poo, small one how?Sure she will run here n there..hahhah Pengsan**i have to wait the small one at least the age of 2...hahhaha

Mommy to Chumsy said...

you are very brave :D the last photo made me chuckle. well at least you got some time to yourself when papa is around :D

ChloeRuoyi said...

Bravo! You did it :-) As for the escalator episode, glad that nothing untoward happened. You were not moronic la... just didn't expect it. Well, at least now you know what to do the next time.

The last pic of papa koala and his 2 baby koalas is the cutest!

slavemom said...

I dun dare to bring my 2 kids to the malls alone. Even now altho jie jie's edi 7 yo. Esp in a restaurant, really dunno wat to do if they wanna poo n we're halfway thru.

MeRy said...

The kids looks so happy with the outing...

Serene said...

For me, one kid already not easy to handle, moreover 2 kids. You did really well!

A Mom's Diary said...

I can so relate to the "need to go toilet in the midst of a meal". Experienced it few times when I was out alone with Yiu Yiu. Sometimes no choice gotta tell the service staff NOT to clear the table, that we'd be back :-)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Maybe mommy has to learn the technique of "koala bears" from daddy...hehe.

KittyCat said...

I would have panicked too if I left my boy at the top alone! Thankfully, he can learn to take the escalator now. Hmm...let's see if I can take two out on my own later.

The last pic is the best :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails