Tuesday, April 13, 2010

heart attack at work...

I received a call from home yesterday. A call from my 4+ year old son. In his panic voice he shouted:

HQ:
Mama! Meimei fell down! Lots of blood everywhere! On her t-shirt, on her shorts, on the floor… EVERYWHERE!!! Mama, quickly come home!!!

And in the background I heard my mum yelling to the part-time maid to bring more handkerchiefs! Luckily I also heard QQ bawling her lungs out. (If there’s no crying, I’d have freak out)

HQ was also yelling on the phone, but I could not make out what he said in the midst of the chaos. My mind was speeding on the highway, imagining the worst…

Then the phone went dead…

I tried to dial back, but the line was engaged. After 3 tries, I gave up. I waited for about 10 minutes, which seemed like eternity, then Mum called me back.

Turned out that HQ slammed down the phone earlier to go and help his Popo. And the phone was not placed correctly.

Me:
Is meimei alright?
Mum: I think so… (sounded more like “I hope so”)
Me: How did she fall?
Mum:
She just woke up from her afternoon nap and walked to the living room. I went to get a cup of water for her when I heard her crying very loudly. I think she tripped and bit her upper lip. She bled soooooo much. Blood was everywhere! Her clothes and 3 handkerchiefs were soaked with blood!

So, HQ didn’t exaggerate…

Me:
Is she ok now?
Mum:
She has stopped crying, and the bleeding seemed to have lessened a lot. I think she’s okay.
Me:
Do you think she needs stitches?
Mum:
Hah? Don’t scare me ok! Aiyo… I don’t know whether she needs stitches or not! Let me see, let me see!

See? How not to panic?

After about 1 minute of mumbling and meimei protesting, Popo came back and reported:

Mum:
Stopped bleeding already wor… I think no need to stitch gua…

Phew! Relieved…

Later that evening, when I got back from work, meimei came to the door and greeted me like usual. I saw that her upper lip was swollen, and the cut though deep didn’t need any stitching. Thank goodness! She being the champ, did complained that it’s painful to eat, but polished her meals and drank her milk like usual. No problems at all! And no fuss at all! What a brave little gal :-D.

This shot was taken this morning... the swell had reduced and can see that it's healing. (C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

21 comments:

mNhL said...

OMG! The cut! She is really a brave little girl. It is really a heart attack moment for u!

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Ouch!! Must've hurt :S

Strong girl you have there!!

Hope her wound heals ASAP

smallkucing said...

adoi....must be very painful. Have to put cream leh. the ulcer cream

Mommy Ling said...

Jor..pity her. indeed she is a brave gal..no complaining. If my gal, phew..complaining from head to toe.

hope she gets well soon.

2ma said...

poor QQ!!! she is indeed very brave!

Mummy Gwen said...

Oh dear. Just a little bruise..phew. She will be fine in no time. *Hugs*

Zura said...

oh poor baby, what a scare! hope she's healing well and fast. she's so brave too!

wenn said...

oh dear, wish her speedy recovery.

Mummy Moon said...

heart attack reading this post. Must be very painful hurt the lip, hopes she gets recover soon.

the little prince said...

You are so 'brave', if my hubby or me listen to that phone call, our heart already panic and drive like F1 to reach home!! Salute you mummy!!

Glad to know that QQ is ok and HQ is so smart to call mummy when there is emergency!! Well done kor kor!!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh boy, really a heart attack. Thank God mei mei is fine. Hope it won't turn into an ulcer :(

MommyAngel said...

That was such an heart attack when receiving the call but I am glad that everything looks fine now, phew! Coincidentally, Angel has the same fall last week too and before the wound heals, she tripped and fall again hitting the same spot of her lips ..... gosh!! So heart pain watching her with all the pain ..... and yet we as parents can only watched and hope that they will learn something from there. And also get some ulcer cream ready ..... it would be helpful!

Sherry said...

OMG scary I would freak out also.

she got see doc? hows her gigi? all okay?

coffeesncookies said...

it'll hurt in a day or two when it turns to ulcer. quickly puff some watermelon frost (sai kwa seong) at night when she sleeps. relieves the pain n heal fast.

CH Voon said...

If I were you, I will heart attack as well.
Feel lucky that she is ok.
I guess aleast need 1 week to recover.
Take care.

Mummy said...

*hugs* *kisses* from cousins Gabe and Rafa

A Mom's Diary said...

Her lip looks really swollen. Hope it's healed completely now.

Serene said...

really heart attack reading this post.. hope the wound is fully healed by now. hugs hugs to QQ..

Alice Phua said...

My son had the same experience too. You can read it here: http://juanorandmommy.blogspot.com/2010/03/domestic-accident.html

Hope your little girl's bruise on the lips has healed by now. She's a brave little girl.

slavemom said...

Can imagine how terrible it felt during that 10 mins while waiting for ur mom to call u back. But ur girl's really brave. Hope her lip's fully recovered by now. Luckily din knock her teeth or tongue.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Thank God that QQ is fine.

I had the similar experience before. While I was eating, I bit my lips and my husband thought to bring me to see doc too to stop the blood from bleeding.

But luckily I used a hanky to wrap with some ice and put it on the cut. Within seconds, the blood stopped bleeding.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails