Monday, April 26, 2010

what motherhood means to me...

... lots of unconditional love, hugs and kisses
... lots of merriment, squels and laughter
... lots of laundry of cute little clothes

... being puked at, being peed at, being pooed at
... ample opportunities to look at another person's buttocks without their permission
... nagging, yelling and "rotan time" is part and parcel

... putting up a brave smile eventhough i'm scared to my wits!
... tormented by the pain that my kid had to go through
... having "kiddos' unfinished food" as a fixed item on my menu

... stuffing rubbish into my pocket so that my kiddos will not see me littering
... going ahead with a decision, knowing that it's not the wisest, but it's the best for baby
... staring at my sleeping kiddos and thinking how blessed i am

... getting stares from the nasi lemak uncle and many other "hamsap" people, only to find out later that my littliest one has stuck 2 upside-down dino stickers on my left bosom *smiles*
... thinking that the best smelling people in the world are my sticky and sweaty kiddos
... feeling on top of the world when my kiddos declared i'm their favourite person in the whole wide world :-)

and that sums up what motherhood means to me. ask me 10 years later, and you may get this in the list - "confusion" - me, not them! :-D.

so what does motherhood mean to you?

in conjunction to Mother's Day, this hot mummy is having a contest on "What Motherhood Means to You". Visit her blog to find out more :-).

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

11 comments:

nizaa said...

boeyjoey, why don't u join the contest at http://mombloggersplanet.com/....:)

Kelvin said...

Haha. They look so alike. Happy Mother Day, dear...

My favourite memory haunt said...

Hey,

I like the way you put up your thoughts on motherhood. Well, I experienced most of them too :)

reanaclaire said...

very well written.. i still have not come to post anything abot it yet.. :(

smallkucing said...

Cute..like they are whispering secret to each other

Mommy to Chumsy said...

aww...what a cute photo of the kids :D

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

See!! I really don't know how to choose only 2 winners now!! All also so good!! I love your No. 5!! And your No. 8... Aiya... I like all of them la...

Thank you for your participation!! :)

prince n princess mum said...

Meaningful...

Mummy Gwen said...

Good Luck. I enjoy reading it. :)

Alice Law said...

That's a good one, good luck to you! I'm still pondering about what to write about motherhood... phew~!! Have a nice day to you!

Mommy Ling said...

Happy Mother's Day to u.

Good luck in ur contest entry. Well very written.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails