Wednesday, May 5, 2010

so unexpected

HQ: 4 years 11 months old

HQ and QQ were playing while waiting for me to finish brushing my teeth and later join them for bed. I could hear them giggling away at some silly jokes and I smiled to myself. Nothing sounds better than kids giggling and laughing :-).

As I neared them, HQ surprised me by saying:

HQ: Mama, if I am a(an) orphan and you bring me back to your home to take care of me, then me and meimei will not be real brother and sister. When we grow up, we can marry each other!

I gaped. After collecting myself, I responded:

Mama: But you and meimei are REAL brother and sister. When you grow up, you will meet a lot of other nice girls, and you can marry one of them.

HQ: Hahaha... I said "if" only. I think meimei is the most nice girl in the whole wide world... If I am not her brother, I will marry her...

Now where did he get that idea that an orphan can marry his stepsister? I'm sometimes really surprised at how ideas churn in that little head of his. Aside that, I think that's the sweetest thing I've ever heard :'). Eventhough there were times where he snatches things and screams at his meimei, this was another one of the moments where I feel that he truly loves his meimei to bits :-).

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogsot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

21 comments:

Broccoli Ginger said...

Hmmm... he really loves his meimei so much! :)

LittleLamb said...

hahahahaha maybe when u r carrying HQ in stomach time, u had too many korean serials..haahhaah

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

0_o''

Kids really say the most unexpected stuffs :D

lil' bulb said...

Wa.... I also want to have a kor kor like HQ, loving mei mei so much.

Mommy Ling said...

yea, knowing her brother really loves her sister. that's so sweet of him.

ChloeRuoyi said...

Aww... this is so innocently sweet. Mei-mei is so lucky to have such a loving Kor-kor :)

Mummy Gwen said...

Aww....kor kor adores her little sister very much. How sweet. Looks like mei mei will have boys lining up to get her attention very soon..hehe.

the little prince said...

SO SWEEEETT!! He loves his meimei so much!!

He sure will be a good korkor!! Next time who want to marry his sister, he sure have to make so much noise then!! :-)

Mommy to Chumsy said...

muahahahhaa...where did he get this idea from eh? he must really adore his mei mei a lot :D

Alice Law said...

A very imaginative boy, too much reading brought him way from reality liao~!! LOL!

Have a nice day to you!

coffeesncookies said...

that's really sweet of him.. don't worry, when he meet more girls next time, he'll change his mind BUT mei mei will always be his mei mei, he'll protect her with his brotherly love.

smallkucing said...

This boy will grow up to be someone big. His brain is working super fast and can think of things that cant even imagine.

MK mummy said...

so sweet..

I also wonder what happen to those little minds, always come out with something unexpected... at times, make us laugh at their comments

Anggie's Journal said...

he surly love his mei mei very much de ... very heart warming !!

btw .. here's also wishing you an advance HAPPY MOTHER's DAY.

prince n princess mum said...

'If'... hahhahahaha!!~

eugene said...

not forgetting, i must wish you a Happy and Great, Joyful Mother Day..

take care, may the good Lord bless you with good health, good wisdom and loads and loads of Joy

wenn said...

he's so innocent! Happy Mother's Day!

prince n princess mum said...

Sweet...

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, kids can come up with the most hilarious or not unusual thoughts, as well make us slam our brakes too. Ha ha.
You got great kids there.
Have fun, Lee.

Ann said...

Wah...he really love his mei mei! So sweet....

BoeyJoey said...

Broccoli Ginger: :-)

LittleLamb: I don't watch Korean series one, except on - Da Chang Jin! The others are too sopy for me la!

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ : oO" *sweat*

lil' bulb: I also wish i have one oh...

Mommy Ling: Really cauht me off-guard :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails