Wednesday, May 12, 2010

weekend dinners

dinner 1:
stirfried pork slices & capsicum, panfried fish, stirfried cucumber, stirfried spinach, ipoh chicken herbal soup (ipoh chicken? my mum said one...) dinner 2:
braised free-range chicken & eggs (kiddos' favourite!), steamed fish fillet for the kids, blanched lettuce, stirfried spinach, pork ribs soup
dinner 3:
sweet sour meat (this one tapau one), chilli tuna (this one canned one), blanched broccoli, steamed fish fillet, pork ribs soupdinner 4:
fried chicken, steamed fish, stirfried potato leaves, stirfried french beans and carrot, chicken abc soup
see a pattern?

whenever i cook dinner on Sundays, there's usually:
- a fish dish for the kids, either steamed or pan-fried
- a vege for the kids, usually spinach
- a soup

boring huh? :-)

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

17 comments:

Cynthia said...

nice combination.. if you feel bored, then invite me la, I can come over and help you eat.. I don't mind having this kind of combo.. :D

nizaa said...

mom's cook always yummy...never boring one....hehee

mNhL said...

as long as they are healthy food, and can make your stomach full wallop only la.

smallkucing said...

Simple and healthy lo.

prince n princess mum said...

So yummy!

Mummy Gwen said...

Not boring at all! Love all the dishes..that's healthy home-cooked food which is the best. :)

Serene said...

Very healthy home-cooked meal. Wow, you cook so many dishes on weekends?

Mommy to Chumsy said...

yummy! your food is making me drool :D hey, what's the difference between ipoh chickens and kl chickens? hahahhaaahaahah

ChloeRuoyi said...

This is not boring at all... so many dishes plus soup, and they all look so good! Your kids are so lucky :)

Annie Q said...

boring + simple food = yummy!!!

All look delicious la!

Mummy Moon said...

Nice one! Wow, you cook many dishes for your dinner.

lil' bulb said...

ha ha...I also have the same guidance to prepare meal. What a big headache to think of dishes for them.

MK mummy said...

look yummy and homey... I too, always will cook one dish just for my kids, I also seldom cook spicy food, even though my hub likes spicy food.

BoeyJoey said...

Cynthia: Haha, you so "pei min" ah... I miss cooking and whacking spicy food :-).

nizaa: I hope my kids think the same as you!

smallkucing: Ya, very simple lo...

mNhL: I hope my kids and my hubby think like you lo... no, they're very fussy one :-(

prince n princess mum: Haha... thanks!

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy Gwen: Healthy but not spicy! I miss cooking and whalloping spicy food :-(

Serene: Not many la... Soup must got, fish must got, vege must got, then hubby don't like kiddos food, so must cook other food for him lo...

Mommy to Chumsy: My mum does marketing for me each week... when i tell her i wana boil chic herbal soup, she went and bought this 1/2 ipoh chicken. it's free range, very big, and meat very tough. the meat is very sweet too... usually i throw the meat away after boiling soup, but this ipoh chicken was still tasty after boiling soup wor... so i whack la.

ChloeRouyi: The lucky thing for me is my boy demand the same thing every week, so easy for me to prepare lo.

Annie Q: Ya borin, especially for me. Haha

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy Moon: I cook during weekends only...

lil' bulb: My kids get used to the same food, so every week nearly the same food and easy to prepare.

MK Mummy: Your hubby loves spicy food? And you a Malaysian doesn't like? :-). For me, it's the opposite...

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Where got bored...all the dishes are very yummy! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails