Friday, June 4, 2010

camping at mum's place

For the whole month when hubby was away at Jakarta, we were camping at mum's place. I felt uneasy bringing the kids home at night alone so mum (and Dad and my brother WC) was kind to have us sleeping at their place. One whole month, except weekends. Thanks, Mum :-).

My schedule went upside-down. I often had to rush from work to home (tending to little things like watering the plants, checking the mails, quickly scheduling short posts, bringing my work clothes for tomorrow, etc.) and then to mum's. During weekends, when we're home, I was so tired tending to the kids and house on my own that I always fall asleep with the kids at night. For the whole month, I practically did not use my sewing machine :-(.

And for the first time, we celebrated Mother's Day without hubby. The kids missed their Papa tremendously, especially HQ. Although most of the time the kids were angels and very understanding, and I'm thankful for that.

I better stop whining... hahaha! Okla, besides having loving grandparents and an entertaining Kiu kiu (my brother), there were things that cheer the kids up, like HQ's first mail. It's a birthday card sent by Li You Yiyi. Look at HQ's jubilant smile! :-D. We celebrated HQ's birthday on one weekend with Papa before he flew off again. On the actual day itself, HQ had his birthday egg and was given ang pows by grandparents; thank you, Gong Gong and Popo! We had another candles blowing session. Here's my birthday boy :-).
Gong Gong cutting the cake with HQ while QQ looks on.
That night, in our room at Popo's, the kids were very happy; laughing and being very very loud! :-D. © Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

10 comments:

reanaclaire said...

The kids looked like they were having a great time with their grandparents.. it is nice to hear that your boy is so attached to his father.. :)

eugene said...

You know,reading this post of yours reminds me how important the old folks are to us sometimes, let us just appreciate them whenever we can..

I was just telling a friend, the most treasure gift for old people is to have all their family members around and intact... that's is the world's greates joy to them not another million dollar in their bank, dont you agree?

you have a great weekend now and God Bless

bluedreamer27 said...

hi boey joey,,, thanks for participating blog idol...
however the 2 songs you included in your top 3 are not included to the song entries of the current round^_^
but don't worry you can still fix your fix it to make it as valid entry...^_^
just resubmit your top 3 songs and votes will be counted
thanks a lot..
i'm following your blog now ^_^

BoeyJoey said...

reanaclaire: there's many good times and some weepy ones too, when HQ missed his Papa :-). Just so glad I have my parents to count on; couldn't manage without them :-).

BoeyJoey said...

eugene: I do agree with you, whole-heartedly. I myself will want to have my grandchildren around me when I grow old :-)

bluedreamer27: no problem at all, CHVoon directed me to your blog :). thanks for following!

lil' bulb said...

The kids must be very exciting to 'camp' at po po's house for so long.

wenn said...

nice to hv yr parents around..they r indeed indispensable.

Mummy Gwen said...

Luckily your parents are staying in KL. They sure will be happy to have their grandkids around everyday. :)

Good lah your Hubby came back already. Now my turn to be home alone with Gwen coz Hubby went back Jakarta.

2ma said...

Happy belated birthday HQ! The kids are so happy :D

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to HQ.

Mom is always the best! Sometimes my mom will stay at my house when my husband is outstastion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails