Friday, June 18, 2010

i laughed at QQ's misfortunes

I laugh at my 2+ year old daughter, QQ's misfortunes :-S.

Not intentionally, but I just can't help myself! Well, they were heart attack moments when the incidents happened, but right after ensuring everything was fine, I would be giggling silly to myself.

Incident 1:
(this is back-dated)

We reached mum's place in the morning on weekdays, and it's often a mad rush getting HQ ready for kindy and us to work. Mum just got back from the market that morning and placed her produce on the floor at a corner. She went and clean herself while I attended to HQ.

Suddenly we heard a "prik prak chiah" sound followed by QQ's loud wailing. We quickly went over to her. She was holding a free-range egg in her hands, egg shell broken into a million pieces, and slimy egg dripping down from her hands.

What happened was she went and rummage mum's produce on the floor earlier, found a free-range egg and squeezed it broken. I quickly brought her to the toilet to clean her up. And while I was cleaning her, she was still wailing.

Mama: Meimei, it's ok. We're not angry with you, don't cry already, ok?
QQ: But the egg broken already! I kill(ed) the chicken already!!! Uwah uwah wah wah wah!!!

So that's what she's crying about! She thought that when she squeeze the egg, a fluffy little chick will hop out. Instead she found slimy gooey egg sliding through her fingers. She thought she had killed the chick! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!
.........................................................................................................................................

Incident 2:

This incident happened when we were camping in mum's place last month. While I was having my dinner at the kitchen (ate at mum's house for a whole month while hubby was away!), the kids were playing at the living hall. HQ was cycling and QQ was on the sofa; jumping, clapping and cheering.

QQ: Koko, jia you jia you! Cycle quickly! Qucikly! Quickly!

Suddenly I heard a laud "pliak!!!". I turned my head and saw QQ lying on the floor, face down!

All of us quickly rushed to her... by the time we reached her, she had started blaring! I carried her and sat her on my lap, and all of us peered closely at her to check if she's alright.

"Where pain?!?!" we asked.
QQ: Uwah uwah uwah wah wah wah!!! Here... and here... *hand placed on her nose and mouth*
Mama: Head pain or not?
QQ: *shook head* Uwah uwah uwah wah wah wah

All of us gave sighs of relief.

So she fell flat down on her face, bruised her nose and graced her upper lip with her teeth. Thank God she didn't fall backwards and knock her head. Or fall on the glasstop table *shudder*

It was really a hair raising moment when the incident happened, but right after that I started giggling. Even as I'm typing this down, I'm actually... still giggling... *bad mama!*
......................................................................................................................................

Incident 3:

Again, while we were camping in mum's place, one night QQ wanted to pee, and so I brought her out of the room (no detached bathroom). HQ tagged along. All the lights were already switched off as it's already 11-ish. Yes, the kids slept quite late at mum's place, whereas in our home HQ would have knocked off by 9.30pm every night, and QQ by 10.30pm latest.

So after getting QQ to pee, we were washing our hands when a cockroach jumped out of nowhere and scurried to hide under the floor mat. I thought of telling mum later, as I myself is very afraid of cockroaches (hubby takes care of the roaches at home).

I was already on our way to our bedroom, when I realised the kids were near the floor mat, HQ using his feet to push the mat, trying to see if the cockroach was there. Just when I wanted to call the kids to come in, the cockroach left it's hidding place and... most unfortunately ran across QQ's feet. Arrggghhh!!!

QQ reflects was so quick! She ran to me, screaming and practically jumped up on me... hands and legs wrapped tightly around my knees. And wouldn't let go! Sobbing in fear... poor girl!

HQ was just so cool about it... hahaha! QQ held on to me so tightly that I had to pry off her hands and legs to carry her to have her feet washed in soap. She had calmed down by then. When we were later in our room, I had a good chuckle. I felt bad laughing at QQ's misfortune but it was really funny! You just have to be there to find the incident comical :-).

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

11 comments:

Alice Law said...

Kiahahahaa!! Sorry, I really have to laugh at the incident where by your girl said she had killed the chicken!!

That's hilarious! Please have a wonderful weekend!

reanaclaire said...

lol... u only laughed at your own kids.. never mind one.. :) as long as they are safe and sound.. it is all that matters.. your kids are so cute..

Cynthia said...

sorry... I laughed too while I read the post... not the way how QQ had her misfortune, but the way you put it in words... well, I think most of us have some 'misfortune' to be laugh and joke about.. seriously, HQ is brave! If I see the croach, I think I have the same reaction as QQ! :P

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hehehehehe..it is really funny. i can't help laughing too :D

goolypop said...

i laughing also *bad auntie*

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, ha ha, love your posting. Having young kids, there'll never be a dull moment, with in between panic moments, shock or surprise, but mostly laughter....
Wait till they in their teens, ha ha.
Have a great week, Lee.

Mummy Moon said...

Lol at what she said : kill the chicks!! hahha

Mummy Gwen said...

Hahaha...I'm not laughing at QQ's misfortunes but her reactions are really funny.

Zooropa said...

That's lovely QQ thought she had killed the chicken in her small hands!

Dora

ChloeRuoyi said...

Hahaha! QQ is so cute. Kesian her, so many "misfortunes" but luckily they were all funny ones where we can just laugh it off :)

mNhL said...

That is where a child brings laughter into our life. Without them, life is boring ya.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails