Tuesday, June 22, 2010

teacher apreciation gifts

back-dated post: 4th May June 2010 (thanks, Mummy Chloe for pointing out! :-))

HQ's kindy celebrated Teacher's Day on 4th May June 2010, which was the last day of school before the 2 weeks school break started. Today is the first day of the new school term.

A day before Teacher's Day, mum called me at work to remind me to get something for the teachers and for the party. Oopppsss! I have totally forgotten about it; luckily mum called me to remind me :-S. So I have half a day to decide what to prepare... oh dear!

HQ has been telling his teachers that he will buy strawberries for them, so I thought, yeah... why not? Save me thinking of what to get them. During lunch, I went Daiso to shop. After work, I went to Isetan. All done in a rush.

I wanted to get Korean strawberries as they are sweeter, but can't find any at the fruits section this time. But I saw big, succulent strawbies from the States! I googled and found this photo... no kidding, they're that big (jakun).
Picture source: Google

I bagged them up and left them in the fridge... Cut and stamped some coloured papers for simple cards... And get HQ to write on them... he signed the cards with his name in both English and Mandarin. In the morning, we bagged them up. A simple gift for the teachers. Only cost me less than RM55 for 11 gifts... including for Popo and Gong gong; HQ said Popo is his Teacher too and Gong gong his Sifu :-). Ready to go! HQ was all smiles wishing his teachers Happy Teacher's Day with these simple little bags of goodies.
Coincidently, hubby just got back from Jakarta the day before and brought many packets of these sweets. Not too sweet and tasted genuine; I thought it's a good replacement for normal sweets. So we sent 3 packets of Milkita and 5 rolls of Tiger milk biscuits for HQ to bring to kindy (parents were asked to prepare snacks for 5 kids only).

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

15 comments:

Mummy Gwen said...

My sis' bought these big and juicy strawberries for us last Sat. Gwen loves eating them.

I'm so touched with HQ's remark that Popo is his teacher and Gong Gong is his sifu...wah geng ah..haha.

Mummy Gwen said...

What sweets did your Hubs bought from Jakarta? I can't load the site wor..hehe.

Mummy Gwen said...

Sorry..can load already. I wanna look for it when we are back to Jakarta..hehe.

CH Voon said...

if i am teacher, i will feel damn happy to receive all the gifts kekekeee

Mommy to Chumsy said...

those gifts are lovely. i bet the teachers must be very happy to receive them.

BoeyJoey said...

Mummy Gwen: Hubby said he bought the Milkita sweets from Carrefour at ITC PLaza, right opposite where you're staying :-).

CH Voon & Mommy to Chumsy: Yes, the teachers are very happy in receiving the gifts... said to leave in the fridge and bring home to show their families how big the strawbies are. I thought I only jakun... hahaha.

Mommy Ling said...

Oh...how nice to receive a succulent strawberry as a gift. SO thoughtful of you.

wenn said...

wow, how i wish i was the teacher..

smallkucing said...

wow so big geh...

ChloeRuoyi said...

Chloe's kindy celebrated Teacher's Day on the same day too. It should be 4th June, not May ;)

Strawberries make such nice gifts! Chloe too, will only take the sweet ones like Driscoll's or those Korean ones. The local Cameron ones, she won't touch at all :(

BoeyJoey said...

ChloeRuoyi: Aiks! Thanks for pointing out! *quickly go and change dates*

My kiddos too... will only eat Driscoll's or the Korean ones. The huge ones I bought are Driscoll's, from Isetan. Now I look for these huge ones too :-D.

mNhL said...

wow...really huge strawberry you have got! Lucky teachers. hehe

the little prince said...

Wow!! Big Strawberries!! Nice thought for teacher's day gift!!

Annie Q said...

Wow..big and juicy strawberry! Yum!
So sweet of you, preparing something sweet for the teachers. :)

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I am Jakun too..I never see such a big strawberries.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails