Friday, July 2, 2010

i don't know whether to cry or laugh

HQ: 5 years 1 month old
QQ: 2 years 11 months old

QQ... when she's flooded by fatigue, she can be very unreasonable. These episodes usually happens during her bedtime or naptime, when she's fighting sleep. Any little thing can trigger the floodgates.

At times like this (which is not often, thank god!), I don't know whether to cry or laugh. Here are what she said (at different times):

I like you yesterday, but I don't like you today anymore *sniff*

Why are you not happy with me? Why I smile at you, you don't smile back at me?

Why you do like this to me? I'm your grand-daughter you know! (according to her, she's a grand-daughter to her Popo, Mama, Gong gong and Papa... LOL!)

You always scold me one *sniff*. I don't want to stay with you anymore... I want to stay with my Gong Gong and Popo!

...................................................................................................................................

And HQ? He can't stand nagging. Sound him lightly, he will usually suggest solutions to the troubles he had created. But nag at him, he will either feel so sorry and will quietly sob in a corner, or he'll lash back at us.

The one I remember was when he dirtied the car dasboard with his shoe. I was mad... and he became mad too. He retorted with:

I said sorry already wat... why you keep scolding and scolding? What's the big deal now? Hah?

He caught me with that one... Yes, he's right. What's the big deal? Just wipe the marks off with a wet rag. Forget the nagging and enjoy his companionship. There will be a day when he won't be riding in my car with me anymore. So... chill...

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

11 comments:

smallkucing said...

really have own opinion.

wenn said...

ya, what's the big deal? :)

Zooropa said...

And I remember one thing we used to say when we were little "I don't friend you already..."

And HQ was right ~ he shouldn't get scolded anymore since he has apologized! hehehe :-)

Dora

Health Freak Mommy said...

They can retort back very smartly! Clever kids :D

ChloeRuoyi said...

Your kids are SMART, that's why :) I don't see C talking back or giving excuses to defend herself :( Most of the time, she just keeps quiet when being scolded or nagged at.

coffeesncookies said...

yes. sometimes i wonder why we fret over the small stuff. our kids have 2 remind us !

prince n princess mum said...

Why why why....

BoeyJoey said...

HealthFreakMommy & ChloeRuoyi: Most of the time kek sei yan la...

Alice Law said...

LOL! So adorably cool, I mean your two kids... I'm sure most of the time you will be blown away by what they said, kiahahaha!

Have a nice day!
p/s: Be cool mommy, you are blessed with 2 smart kids!^-^

Jenny said...

awww. the kids things say is very cute and mean at times. but at the end they dont mean it :) hehe. just stumble upon your page. you have a lovely page here. hope to learn a lot from you before i have my own child. :) feel free to pop by.

have a fabulous day!!

jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

BoeyJoey said...

Jenny: Thanks for visiting and welcome! Kids are fun and a blessing... although sometimes can give you heart attacks! Before you become a mummy yourself, enjoy life now before the roller-coaster begins :-p.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails