Wednesday, July 7, 2010

my little guy...

My little guy loves collecting momentos... tickets to his first movie, the box from his birthday Happy Meal, his first colouring contest that he took part in Jusco when he was 3+ (more of I did the colouring, he decided which colour to colour what), a note that Gong Gong wrote for him and his meimei... and many of the same sorts, he has loads of them!!! He's my sweet little sentimental romantic kind of guy :-).

And he loves giving us surprises with little gifts too :-).

The other day, I was mentioning to hubby that I didn't want to wear the Phiten Rakuwa necklace on a daily basis anymore. I couldn't feel its effects any longer, and that I'm looking for another necklace to wear. HQ must had heard what I said, and when I came back from work that day, I was greeted with this: Completed with a matching ribbon that he found from a paperbag and asked mum to tie on. I must say he has good colour co-ordination, and he made it really presentable :-).

What's inside? A loose glass pendant that he found in the drawer which he looped with a string from his wisel, and asked Popo to tie a knot. I was so touched!!! :') Although it's all recycled materials (come on, how can a little 5 year old go out shopping? and with no pocket money?), I loved the thoughts behind the gift :-D.
......................................................................................................................................

And when we were in Avilion last school holiday, we found this on meimei's pillow. With HQ's handwriting. It was only the resort brouchures, but it's the generosity that moved me. I'm sure he intended to keep those brochures to himself (being a sentimental who collects momentos and all), but he was generous enough to give them to his sister :-). With no transport to go shopping and no pocket money to spend on gifts, I think he's pretty creative. Last year he gave a matching set of Elmo and Cookie Monster soft toys (his own from his own toy box) to his Gong Gong and Popo's birthdays. Sometimes we receive a few pieces of biscuits wrapped in tissue paper sealed with a sticker, a practical stack of tissue tied with a ribbon for Papa, pieces of cartoon stickers, and sometimes sweet little notes of "I Love You" :-). He even wrote some "I Love You" notes to us on behalf of his meimei :-). We all love his gifts :-). It's about his sincerity, his creativity and his honest intention to make us happy that really touched us. I love you too, son :-).

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

17 comments:

smallkucing said...

how thoughtful :D

coffeesncookies said...

awww.. he's so sweet. will make a romantic partner next time.

Broccoli Ginger said...

Wow!! He's really a gift to your family. :)

Kancilbiru said...

so sweet....:)

mNhL said...

Romantic !! Awww....you are such a lucky mummy.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

oh he is such a sweet little guy :) he'll grow up to be a very nice young lad :D

reanaclaire said...

What a lovely thoughtful son you have.. upbringing is really important.. :)

goolypop said...

awwwww..so so sweet! :) I will be writing something similar about gooly..but with gooly.. you know its a little disastrous. Kekeekeke.

MeRy said...

So sweet....n creative.

Mummy Gwen said...

Aww...so sweet and thoughtful. :)

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Awww man... He is 1 sweet lil guy! Many girls will 'melt in his hands' :D

prince n princess mum said...

So sweet!

Zooropa said...

HQ is really a sweet little boy with all these ideas!

Dora

LittleLamb said...

awwwww very sweet of korkor. so sayang the sister, mom n dad

Annie Q said...

Awww...so sweet!! Next time who can be his gf/wife, must be a lucky one. :)

slavemom said...

He's such a sweet n thotful boy.

A Mom's Diary said...

Your little guy is so sweet! Next time he sure "lum" all the girls.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails