Monday, August 9, 2010

"gold picking"

Do your kids like to pick their nostrils?

Mine do... and we can see that they really relish in that activity. When we ask them not to do it, HQ said that there's too much "gold" in his nostrils and he can't breathe. We clean their nostrils with wet cotton buds but they still think their little fingers can do a better job.

So we resort into scaring them... we thought a little white lie won't hurt ;-). This happened last night:

Mama: QQ, stop picking your nostrils.
QQ: *turned so that her back faced me, kept picking*
Mama: If you keep picking like that, your nostrils are going to get reaaaalllllly big, and you'll look so ugly like a pig!
QQ: *ignored me and kept picking*
Mama: Then spiders will go in your nostrils and stay there!

That caught her attention.
QQ: Why?
Mama: Because if you keep picking, your nostrils will get so big, spider are able to crawl inside. They like dark places, and are going to stay in your nostrils. Like their home!

Looking perplexed, my three year old quickly exclaimed:
QQ: But my nostrils have no air cond!

HAHAHAHAHA! True enough, I don't think her nostrils are comfortable to be made home, even for spiders! Kids say the darnest things, don't they? :-D.

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for BoeyJoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

21 comments:

mNhL said...

hahahaha........can't stop laughing on the last line (air-con). Yes! my boy loves to dig gold too! I've reminded him so many times but he till do it and told me got lots of 'gold' inside. haha

reanaclaire said...

so did she go on picking after that? i have a fren, grown up already, he still keeps on digging until today.. i think it is a habit :)

smallkucing said...

aiks....spider also know how to enjoy air-cond ah? hahahaha

2ma said...

so funny!!!! QQ is smart :D

Gallivanter said...

Spiders like aircond? Uh oh. Could it be she's trying to tell you something? :-D

Gallivanter
www.danielfranklingomez.com

sertyan said...

Hello!
Thanks for dropping by my blog and your comment the other day. I have updated today with another dress, this time the model is wearing it!

MeRy said...

Hahaha...I am laughing when I read this post...so cute and funny.
Ur boy is very smart.
Sometimes Ryan will do the same and I always told him to stop it,or else his nose will be out of shape.

Mommy Ling said...

Hahhahah....funny. I didnt think of spider. I always say mozzie fly into my gal's nose

wenn said...

but it's cute to see little ones doing it.

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, ha ha ha....you made me laugh read this. I guess we all one time other do this excavation business, ha ha.
Best regards, Lee.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

muahahhhahahahaa...that's a really funny reply. very smart girl :D

ChloeRuoyi said...

Hahaha! What a funny reply!

Actually I don't find anything wrong with picking the nose. It's a natural thing to do, to clean the nostrils. I don't forbid Chloe from doing it but I always tell her to do it discreetly... like in the bathroom or when no one is looking :)

BoeyJoey said...

reanaclaire: Yes, still picking until now... white lie didn't work :-(

ChloeRuoyi: We used to let HQ do it; told him to use his pinky finger and not to dig so in. But did he listen? Now, we noticed that his nostrils are getting out of shape...

Using the pinky finger is ok, but they use their index fingers and the picking session gets so feverish you can see their fingers jabbing every corners of their nostrils!

I pick mine too, but not in front of the kids... hahaha! *shhhhh!!*

Alice Law said...

LOL... kinda hilarious!

Well, my girl picks her nose too... I didn't purposely remind her but whenever she did that, I'll stop her by removed her hand away from the nostril... I can see some improvement now!^-^

Have a nice day!

ladyyjae said...

lol this is too funny lahhh.

jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

Mummy Gwen said...

Haha..she can really talk. Smart answer. :) Gwen doesn't know how to dig gold haha. I do it for her. -__-

prince n princess mum said...

Whose nostrils got air cond, anyhow? hahahahahahah~

Annie Q said...

I am eating my lunch when i read this. :(

Pppsssttt...i like to pick mine too! hahahhahahahhahahaha, my hub always said, Cruz after me, like to dig his gold!

I like QQ answer, she is smart! HAHAHA

BoeyJoey said...

Annie Q: Alamak... so now no appetite to eat liao? Hahaha... sorry ya, should have put warning at the beginning - "Please make sure you are not eating when reading this, else your appetite may suffer"... kakaka!

Both my kids love to dig la. Haiz... apa mau buat? Cos both me and hubby also like to dig... hahahaha!

slavemom said...

hahaha Not successful in scaring her. Gotta think of other more effective white lies.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

This is so funny Pei Yi..I must share this joke with my friends:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails