Tuesday, August 17, 2010

mum's birthday mini celebration

This is a back-dated post... Mum's birthday was end of last month, which we had a belated mini celebration on 1 August 2010.

Like last year, we had steamboat at home. We all love steamboat, especially when mum makes them :-). It was so yummy I long to eat it right now as I'm writing... hahaha, yeah, we're all steamboat fans :-).

This is a must-have... spicy and sour chilli sauce that mum blended; the bird-eye chillis were from her garden. Lots of Mum's homemade water dumplings ("siu kow"), to top our noodles before pouring in the tasty soup. Raw seafood to be added into the pre-boiled and sieved free-range chicken and ribs soup (part of it had gone into the soup). Red meat and chicken breast meat were already in the soup, so no picture. Lots of greens! And this is hubby's favourite... deepfried soybean sheet with fish meat paste.My bowl of noodles waiting for the "liu" and flavorful soup. I had 3 servings! :-PSoup is ready! With tummies filled, everyone was happy :-). When I suggested for cakes at a nearby Secret Recipe, everyone groaned and said "No, thank you!" :-P

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for BoeyJoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

18 comments:

Kancilbiru said...

wahh so yummy..sampai cake pun tak laku...hehehe

CH Voon said...

steamboat is good - healthy food to take.

i like it. Happy birthday to you

Alice Law said...

A happy belated birthday to your mummy!^-^

I love steamboat too! have a nice day!

smallkucing said...

Happy Belated Birthday

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Looks super delicious!! I love steamboat too. But prefer to makan outside coz a lot of work to do leh...wash, cut... :P

Mummy Gwen said...

Happy Belated Birthday To Your Mum! I'm hungry looking at all the good food. I like fried beancurd with fish paste too.

BoeyJoey said...

CH Voon: My mum's birthday la, Voon :-)

BoeyJoey said...

~LilHypPo mUMmy: Hard work hor, that's why my mum prepare lo... hahaha! All original good stuffs there... really salute her.

reanaclaire said...

seeing this steamboat, i wanna do it again..the last time i did, my kids said not tasty.. hahaha..

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, many happy returns to your mom....and I too love steamboat, or 'hot pot' as its called here.

And one iced coffee and 4 plain donut bet, your mom's culinary skills now handed down to you....
When you make fish head curry and sambal belachan, send me telegram, ha ha.
Have a nice day, Lee.

Zooropa said...

I love all those homemade food! Happy Belated Birthday to your mum :-)

Dora

slavemom said...

Yum yum! I love steamboat too.
hahaha Like the radio advert, go for BR ice-cream cake, then every1 will ask for more. :D

eugene said...

No pictures of your mom? next time may be?

MeRy said...

Yummy..I love steamboat.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

happy belated birthday to your mom. the steamboat looks yummy, especially the sui kow :D

ChloeRuoyi said...

Wow! Yummy steamboat, homemade summore. Your mum had to work so hard and prepare so many things for her own birthday? Mum is simply the best! Happy belated birthday to her :)

BoeyJoey said...

ChloeRuoyi: We wanted to eat out and give her a treat... but she declined and suggested that we have steamboat, VERY excitedly. She still loves her own steamboat best, and will go all the way to prepare it. My bro's girlfriend and me only arrived at noon to start helping her *shame on us*

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I love steamboat too. Its simple and yummy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails