Monday, August 2, 2010

parents-teacher meet up

I have not done HQ's school update for some time now. Better note this down for HQ's development record purpose before my poor memory fails me. Will try to cover all in a few short paragraphs.

HQ's school had a Parent-Teachers meet up for last school term. Basically the kids sat for their examinations for the following subjects - English, Bahasa Malaysia, Mandarin, Mathematics, Phonics and Science. Save for Mandarin (95 points) and Bahasa Malaysia (91 points) due to careless mistakes, HQ scored 100 points for other papers.

Overall: More details: as expected, he needs to brush up on his Mandarin reading and writing skills. Remarks from his teacher: All in all, I think he enjoys school very much :-).

Right now, he's having Spelling, Ejaan and "Ting Xie" every week (5 words for each language). There's usually no problem for his Spelling and Ejaan, whereby he practices on his own and later we will test him. This usually takes about 10 - 20 minutes on Sundays (before he's allowed to watch teevee :-D).

As for "Ting Xie"... I need to learn alongside with him to be able to test him! So now, this old mama is learning Mandarin too... never too late huh? Haha

© Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

17 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

well done HQ :) eh..Ashley's school has the same kind of schedule. Ejaan, Spelling and Ting Xie test every week. I am more nervous than Ashley...hahhahaahaha

reanaclaire said...

The marks are very high... i remember when my girl was in kindie, i put her in this govt one.. forgot the name.. for RM6, she didnt learn much.. when she was in std 1, she was very slow in class so i believe that better nurseries pays off...

smallkucing said...

Hooray! all A's! keep uo the good work

doc said...

isn't it a joy to see the kids do well in school, esp when we remember we had to struggle during our days?

keep up the good work!

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

Good job HQ! His results are very good leh!

And don't know about you, but I enjoyed learning mandarin thru karaoke sessions! :D

mNhL said...

Well done HQ ! This kind of comments from the teacher always make the mama proud! hehe...

Mummy Gwen said...

Good job, HQ! He is doing extremely well in school. Smart boy. I'm learning Mandarin alongside Gwen too. -__-

prince n princess mum said...

Well done!

the little prince said...

Well done HQ!! Errr...can ask HQ to give mama 'ting xie' too!! :-p

CH Voon said...

as what his teacher said. smart and learn fast :D

keep it on.

Jenny said...

welll done lah! look at all those AAAAAAAA. should give her a present for this hard work hor. keep up the AAAAAAAA hehehe :)

jen @ www.charmoflife.ca

wenn said...

Well done! Keep it up! I used to write that when I was a teacher. Btw, hv u read yr mail lately?

BoeyJoey said...

Wenn: When I was young, my parents encouraged me to be a teacher. I yearned for the corporate world then. Now that I'm here, I wish I have taken the teaching route... innocent kids are definitely more fun!

Yes, I'm one of your first readers in August 2009 (email on Aug 2nd). I went to your blog and commented already, I think early this week. And I went again now... and you said I got it right!

Is there any other email?

Zooropa said...

Excellent result there! Sure HQ is an intelligent boy & he can teach QQ later so mommy has a free teacher@home! hehehe :-)

Dora

slavemom said...

Well done, HQ! Keep up the good work! Everyone's vy proud of u.

Mommy Ling said...

Thumb up!! Good job..mom n dad must be delighted to see this,ya.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Fuyoh....all A's! A big clap for HQ.

Mommy, "ka yao"! I am sure you able to catch up your Mandarin soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails