Tuesday, August 24, 2010

public embarrassment

Growing up, I had a knack of getting myself embarrased... amongst others, there's an incident where a boy that I had a crush on had a full view at my pink polka-dot bra... from my luggage bag, not from where you think, ok! Being only 14 and a pure breed Convent girl, it was already very embarrasing for me! *dug hole and hid myself*

Today... after nearly 20 years later, I got myself embarrased again.

I had an appointment with a prospect customer early this morning. As her office was only 2 stations away, I took the monorial. Save myself from the morning traffic jam.

I arrived early, so I went to O'Brien's for breakfast. I ordered their promo breakfast set, consisting of 4 triangles of toast and chicken ham sandwich with coffee or tea. I luurrrve coffee but it makes me hyper, so it's tea then. Only RM 7.90 per set; simple but yummy! I ordered an additional Lambda tropical juice in a chilled bottle. The set was quite filling so the bottle of juice was tucked into the document pocket in my laptop bag.

Off I went to see my customer and after a 40 minutes presentation and chat, I left her office. I took a nice relaxing stroll to the monorial station.

There were a number of people in the station. While I was waiting for the train to arrive, my right calf felt ticklish, like there's liquid streaming down. I quickly took a look and was aghast to see bright orange liquid quickly tickling down my calf! Immediatly I knew it was the tropical fruit juice! Arrrghhh!

I quickly rummaged through my laptop bag, felf the bottle and yank it out. I thought there was a leak and the bottle cap was still intact. But no... turned out the bottle cap was totally unscrewed and as I yanked the bottle out quickly, a stream of orange liquid spewed from my bag across a small part of the station!

OH. MY. GOD.

Luckily nobody benefitted from the orange shower.

And as luck has it, the train arrived at that very moment.

With half a bottle of juice still in hand, and another hand holding my laptop bag and handbag, I went in the train with the rest. The moment the door closed, I regretted stepping in the train.

There were no seats available and I got to stand. There's not many people standing (can't hide behind anyone), so I was in full view of the seated passengers.

Looked like there's still a LOT of sticky bright orange juice in the laptop bag, and it continued tickling down my calf... leaving a small orange pool at my foot.

I know, I must be quite a sight :-(


Moral of the story: Never trust a bottle's seal. All bottles leak... worse, the caps can come off totally!

Moral of the story 2: Never enter a train when you are not ready.

~ End of story. Thank you.

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for BoeyJoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without express written permission.

14 comments:

reanaclaire said...

gosh.. what color of the skirt were u wearing? :) reminded me of my own embarrassment when my zip was not even done on my skirt! nampak semua!! yucks...

Mommy Ling said...

Jor..i can totally understand how the situation was cos once i had been thru the same too..difference is i was in the bus and not orange juice but soya bean...chamzz

LittleLamb said...

ehehehhe luckily was orange juice n not watermelon hor

MeRy said...

I can understand how is the situation and how you feel at tat point of time...
anyway,it is over and let's forget about it.

Mommy to Chumsy said...

hehehheehheeh.....sometimes when we find ourselves in such situation, we wish that the ground would open up and swallow us eh?

BoeyJoey said...

reanaclaire: Black! But my skirt reached my knees, so it didn't get wet *phew*

Alamak, but you're so fit with a tight bum, ok la. Got hear any wolf whistle or not? ;-)

BoeyJoey said...

Mommy Ling: *high five*

Soya bean also very sticky wor... cham...

BoeyJoey said...

LittleLamb: It it's watermelon juice, I'll never dare to take the monorial between these 2 stations anymore! Else I meet someone who saw me with the watermelon juice on my calf, how???

smallkucing said...

yellow...lol...ppl might think that you want to got toilet but not enough time :p

Just joking. Ya there are always such embrassing moment

mNhL said...

OMG ! everyone do have their embarrassing moments. Don't feel bad. It is OVER. :D

Annie Q said...

aiyoooo.....

Those people in the train must be thinking, wow, this pretty lady can produce orange juice. LOL! *eh, just kidding, faster run away*

Health Freak Mommy said...

I thought it was your period leaking out haha. I always place any bottled drinks / tumblers / mineral water bottle in a plastic bag as I never trust that they are leak-proof.

Mummy Gwen said...

One of those bad days ya..hate it. Luckily your skirt is black.

A Mom's Diary said...

Haha! This is so funny to read but I'm sure it wouldn't be funny if it happened to me :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails