Monday, October 25, 2010

lovely blog friends :-)

back-dated post: 18 Oct 2010

Last Monday, Elaine and I met up for lunch. We were to meet at Madam Kwan's, and as I walked towards her, she exclaimed:

"You look exactly like how you look like in your blog!"

So sponteneous :-P

I liked her already :-).

And yes, I found her looking exactly like how she looked like in her blog too :-D.

We yakked over lunch; about kids, work, her wonderful baking, sewing, and many other things.

At the end of the lunch, Elaine surprised me with some gifts for my QQ. Elaine, together with Barb and Annie had learnt that QQ was having a stubborn fever due to some infection (blogged earlier), and they were so thoughtful to get gifts for her, to cheer her up :-).

We have only "met" over our blogs and FB, and they are so kind and showed that they sincerely care for QQ. I am so touched :').

This huge doll set with a super wardrobe of cocktail and party dresses is a gift from Elaine and Annie. I tell you, QQ was over the moon when she saw this! I would too if I'm her :-D.
"Thanks, Aunty Elaine and Aunty Annie!"

And Barb bought this pair of flats for QQ. So so pretty! This would be the perfect pair of shoes for QQ to wear for my brother's wedding next month! :-D (Do they have adult size???)
"Thanks, Aunty Barb!" And not forgetting Hui Nih's gifts too, when she came back to Malaysia for her last holiday. QQ loves the gifts, especially the pony!
"Thanks, Aunty Hui Nih!"
QQ is such a lucky girl :-). She's alright now, just need to improve her immune system and fatten her up a bit. Thank you all for your concerns and well wishes :-).

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

21 comments:

wenn said...

nice meeting up with blogger friends..

Alice Law said...

LOL... so much surprises for QQ! That's very generous of your friends!^-^

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, thats really nice to meet someone behind the callsign in blogs.
I too am looking forward to meeting so many new friends met on my blog.
Your friends really very 'yaw sum' too.
Have fun and enjoy the friendship. Good friends are like gold, Lee.

Angeline@安琪琳 said...

So thoughtful of them!

reanaclaire said...

so touched by their kind gesture.. yes, as long as QQ is alright and feeling happy..that is what counts!

Mommy to Chumsy said...

glad that the ballet flats fit her. yes, they do have adult sizes but no bling blings :D i am sure it won't be long that QQ will put on more weight. she has a great mom and grandmom :D oh yes, i agree with what you said about Elaine :) she's a very nice friend :D eventhough you meet her for the first time, you would feel like you have known her for a long time :)

BoeyJoey said...

wenn: Yes, it was great meeting up with Elaine :-).

Alice law: Yes, they are so generous! I'm so touched :-).

Uncle Lee: Yes, they are very thoughtful. I'm thankful to have known them :-).

Angeline: Yes, really!

reanaclaire: :-D

Mommy to Chumsy: I would love to look out for more shoes like this, kids size and adult size too! Thanks for the shoes, they're really very lovely :-). Great mom? Haha... Fierce mom! Yes, I agree with you, I felt as though I've known Elaine for sometime... she's so warm and friendly!

smallkucing said...

Cool and generous blogger friends :D

MeRy said...

Always feel good to meet up with blogger friends...

Annie Q said...

you are most welcome Pei Yee, hope QQ like the toy. :)

Look forward to meet up with you one day. :)

BoeyJoey said...

smallkucing: Nice people too :-)

MeRy: Agree :-)

Annie Q: QQ loves them! Yes, it'll be nice to catch up one day :-)

Mummy Gwen said...

Yes..lovely blog friends. So sweet and generous. :)

LittleLamb said...

QQ is loved by everyone :)

Blessed mum said...

wow! that's lots of pressie!! I love those shoes!!

~LiLHypPo's mUMmy~ said...

:))) Yes I agree!! The ladies are really nice!! I have met Elaine and Barb and they are both so nice!! Hope to meet Annie and HN too ;)

mNhL said...

Very thoughtful of the blogger gangs.

ChloeRuoyi said...

I noticed one common trait in all mummy bloggers... they are very friendly, thoughtful and generous! :)

Shireen Loh said...

you are very blessed indeed Pei Yi!! And I must commend Barb on her excellent taste in the flats. What am I saying - she always has great tastes hehhehe...

coffeesncookies said...

I think the toys n costumes will keep QQ busy for some time .. and perhaps get her interested in fashion. Great to finally catch up with you. Will give you a tinkle when I'm ard yr area.. ;)

BoeyJoey said...

Agnes: I haven't met Annie yet.. looking forward :-)

Shireen Loh: Yes I agree. Barb has great taste :-)

coffeesncookies: Hahaha... QQ has the wierdest sense of fashion! I must take one of her picture and post it up one day :-P. Yes, do ring me up... it'll be great to have lunch again :-D

Health Freak Mommy said...

Oh yeah, Barb, Annie and Elaine are wonderful ladies, very good friends to have indeed!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails