Saturday, November 6, 2010

instant gratification

I finished these bags for an order last night. Just need to sew on the buttons and they're good to go.

Everytime I sew these bags, I remember how excited my kiddos were when they first saw them. And I would imagine other kids being excited as well. That puts a smile on my face :-).

Sewing is more than just a hobby to me. It is like a therapy. I guess it's the monotonous humming of the machine in the stillness of the night (amidst peaceful snoring :-)) that I find soothing. Something slow that helps me wind down. Something that gives me instant gratification. Something that I hope will bring joy to someone else :-).

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

9 comments:

smallkucing said...

and it's a very good hobby :D

reanaclaire said...

something that i m not good at.. so i admire you!

color me pretty said...

the animal prints on the bag is so cute ! great job :)

Uncle Lee said...

Hi BJ, Wow! You are good. Those bags look fantastic. maybe should put on EBAY....$50 US, designer bags, with your initials, bj, ha ha.
Have fun and great work, Lee.

Yin Yue said...

very nice n cute bags pei yi, great job lerh..

Mummy Gwen said...

You are really talented. :)

MommyAngel said...

Well done! They looks perfectly cute!!! Love them to bits and you are so talented indeed!!

A Mom's Diary said...

Looks so nice. I really wonder, where do you get all those energy with a fulltime job and two children?

Caca said...

keep it up! I like you say sewing is a therapy to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails