Monday, November 29, 2010

a perfect couple: wedding dinners

back-dated post: 13 Nov 2010 & 14 Nov 2010

My brother got engaged on the 30th October 2010, which I've blogged about earlier.

This was followed by the wedding and tea ceremony on the 13th November 2010. The first wedding dinner was held on the wedding evening itself. It was a cosy dinner party held in one of the restaurant in our little town. This dinner party was meant for friends and relatives who live here.

I blogged about QQ's handmade party dress that she wore to this dinner earlier. This is my cheeky HQ, mixing drinks into his mouth *slap forehead* On the next night, we went to KL for the another wedding dinner. This dinner was at much bigger scale for everyone else not staying in our small town :-). Here's some pictures of the night:

My dress that night... yes, I know, where's the dangling earings? Necklace? Black stockings? False lashes? Hee hee With my sweet sister. She's my elder sister, but since school days, everyone thought I'm the elder one! She's been very supportive with my little venture ... thanks a bunch, sis!!!
My sis' littliest one... isn't he cuteeeee!!!
HQ's favourite dish that night... he ate 3 bowls!!! QQ's fave that night...
QQ wore a mama's handmade dress, which I only managed to finish 2 hours before the wedding dinner! I finished sewing the dress only the night before, rinsed it in the morning and hang out to dry. While the dress was drying, I worked on the details like the sash and the frills at the bottom of the skirt. When the dress was dried enough, I speed sewn the frills on. Iron it and cool it down before QQ wore it. Talk about stress... phew!!! She had fun that night, dancing the night away, and it's all worth it :-). QQ went up the stage to dance attempted to sing... was very ladylike when she did this...
she was an adorable princess that night...

until she did this
...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

*no eye see*

* The "Wheeeee!!!" Dress is made available here at nivniv :-).

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission

17 comments:

Small Kucing said...

aiyo...the poto of QQ sitting on the stage with her skirt flare very beautiful. must get this printed and enlarged

Small Kucing said...

Btw, you look terrific in that dress. Macam 18 yrs young pulak

hoyoyi said...

wahahha, the climb is a 100% climax of the wedding...~ can't stop laughing while drinking my seaweed soup neh~ Wish to see nicer photo of her with that dress. Ask her stand still, auntie hoyoyi will give her a lovely Christmas present ^ ^ with providing me address lar~

AngelineBK said...

Pei Yi I *chuckle* when see the last photo! Aiyo!

goolypop said...

Wooooo! So pretty...u n qq!! Did u make ur own dress too? Hou leang!

reanaclaire said...

Very nice dress u made,PY...

Yin Yue said...

You are so gorgeous ler PY. And very envy you so talented, can make so many dresses for your love ones. QQ is so beautiful in her dress, until the last photo.. hahahhaha....

eugene said...

How come there are no pics of the newly weds lol?

all the best to your bro and his bride,,,

Mommy to Chumsy said...

QQ does look like one pretty princess that night. Love the Wheeee Dress :)

ChloeRuoyi said...

QQ's dress is very prettyyyyy! And of course, the wearer too :)

MommyAngel said...

Oh....you look great in the picture!! Now I know where your QQ gets her looks from :) She is such a princess :) And you should see my Angel in her dress, she can do more then what QQ did .... kekeke

slavemom said...

U look stunning, pretty mama! U've got a "Pheeweeet!!!" Dress while QQ's wearing a "Wheeeee!!!" Dress. ;)

Mummy to QiQi said...

LOL!!! Can't help laughing when I go down to the last pic. Hey, u look good yourself :)

Mummy Gwen said...

Pei Yi, you look so pretty and young in that dress. QQ's dress is really sweet and beautiful. Good job, Mummy.

Hui Nih said...

You look so pretty even w/o the jeweleries! :) Haha, I still can't stop laughing viewing the last pic ... and can foresee my girl would be doing the same stunt too :D

love,
HN

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

The skirt is so nice, I love wearing it too:-)

It is good that QQ loves fish. She only loves pomfret or all types of fish?

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Oh yes, Pei Yi you looked so young and pretty on the dress.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails