Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a poignant video

Attending HQ's concert last Saturday brought me back to the days when he first started school at 3 years old. We enrolled him to school in June 2008. He was so eager to start school then, and he managed on his own without tears even on his first day of school. I'm so proud of him :-).

This video was recorded on his first school concert when he was 3 years old. He did a solo song performance in Mandarin, which hubby had recorded for me and QQ to view in the hospital. QQ was hospitalised for pneumonia and bronchitis at that time, and we were not able to attend HQ's first school concert.

video

He was the only 3-year-old kid performing solo among other 6-year-olds. When we asked him why he stopped for a little while in the middle of his song, he said because he saw his Papa amongst the crowd. I can imagine how nervous he was on that stage, and how he missed his mama after 3 days not seeing me. Everytime I watch this video, it brings tears to my eyes. Eventhough he halted for a little while, I am so proud of him that he did not make a dash for his Papa, but instead stood firmly on his feet and finished his song performance.

There is never a day that I'm not proud of you, my son :')

(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

9 comments:

Small Kucing said...

he is a good boy

reanaclaire said...

So nice to keep all these videos... all these are very memorable!

blee said...

wow..that's great!

Broccoli Ginger said...

:)

slavemom said...

Absolutely outstanding! *clap clap clap*

prince n princess mum said...

Memorable...

Yin Yue said...

Wah, 3 years old nia. Very well done lerh. My Yin Yue cannot do that ler. :P

Mommy Ling said...

i can truly understand your feeling. The same occured when my gal performing on the stage...i cant help to shed my tears too...hahhahah

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

I am sure I will shed my tears if Sarah doing the same performance on the stage.

Yes, you should be very proud of him, he is doing so well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails