Friday, November 19, 2010

QQ's party dress :-)

I made this dress for QQ to wear for my brother's wedding dinner recently. Managed to finish the dress the night before the wedding :-D

I love this fabric that I had in my stash. This is the same fabric that I used to make this red cheongsam :-). It is 100% cotton and feels very rich to the touch. Very soft and comfortable too. I have only a meter left, and desperately looking everywhere to stock up more of this good quality same shade of red fabric!

The bodice of the dress is gathered at the neckline and sleeves, creating princess sleeves. A black band with white polkadots adorns the waist, and it billows to a puffy skirt below. I added a tutu beneath her skirt, which made the skirt even puffier :-D. She seriously looked so cute in it :-D.

It's a shame that I can't get a decent picture of her in it... she's either seated and we can't see her puffed up skirt or she's wearing a cardigan over her dress. Here's one not so clear picture of her standing with Gong gong, Popo and HQ. Can you see that everyone is not looking at the camera? For now, I'll just look at this cute little face of hers and be really contented :-).
(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

15 comments:

hoyoyi said...

love her dress, i do not mind to wear if there is adult version >.< My cousin sister is getting married soon, she ask all jimui to wear red color... I do not know whether I can still fit into the vintage red dress that i purchased last year... T_T

reanaclaire said...

She looks happy and adorable!.. so blessed to have a mama to sew her beautiful dresses!

Shireen Loh said...

it's nice. I like cute puffy sleeve dresses like that for my girls too. they are so timeless and befitting. maybe i am in such a nostalgic mood at the moment (spent the last 2++ hours watching Sound of Music with my girls heheheh...that's why).

ChloeRuoyi said...

Excellent job, mummy! The dress is so pretty and you have such a sweet little model to parade your work for you:)

Mummy Moon said...

very nice dress, match perfectly with polka dots waist band ya!

Angeline@安琪琳 said...

Looking at QQ smiling all the way.Red is always my fav colour...U really great in sewing. During my Taipei trip, the other couple when shopping for fabric just like urs! Taipei is cheap 1 meter - RM8 only. She grab alot back lor....

Yin Yue said...

Hey PY, you really good in sewing. Thumbs up! She is indeed a very cute little girl lerh. Love her. *muakz*

BoeyJoey said...

hoyoyi: Thanks, hoyoyi :-). I love vintage dresses too... so feminine :-). You know, one day... I might just start making adult dresses... one day :-)

reanaclaire: Thanks, Claire. This mama sew this dress based on her experiment one... my hubs said so risky, if turn out teruk, no dress to wear that night... haha!.

Shireen: I love sleeves like that too... very sweet. And it's very stretchable, so the dress can last a long time :-). Sound of Music... hee hee... my kids love it too :-D.

BoeyJoey said...

ChloeRuoyi: Thank you, Chloe's Mummy! :-D.

Mummy Moon: The colour really stands out ya? Thanks!

Angeline: RM 8???? Taipei?? Mine costs close to RM 30 per meter! Wow, i really must plan a trip to taipei one day!

Yin Yue: Thanks, Connie! :-D.

smallkucing said...

i noticed that she have a lot of red dress. Looks very pretty on her coz she is so fair looking.

AngelineBK said...

Pei Yi: I'll let u know where my fren buy k? She bought from Penang also about RM28-30 per meter leh...imagine u save how much!...I'll get the info for u k...maybe u have fren there or maybe next time u can go there n grab it! For ur info, she spent more than RM1K over the cloth oni!

Mummy Gwen said...

The dress is really pretty. QQ looks so sweet and beautiful in the dress. :)

Adrine said...

That is an absolutely lovely, lovely dress!!

A Mom's Diary said...

That's a lovely dress. The waist band added a really nice touch.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

QQ is so lucky. She has a mommy who is very talented in sewing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails