Wednesday, December 15, 2010

what christmas means to me

I meant to blog about this once I got back from Singapore, but totally forgot about it! I blame it on old age :-S.

When I was growing up, my Tai Yee (mum's big sister), who is a Christian, would ferry both my sis and me to her home for Christmas celebration with her family. What makes it more meaningful was, my sister is a Christmas eve baby, and Tai Yee never fail to have a birthday cake for her as well :-)

Tai Yee treated us like her girls, as she herself has 3 boys :-D. There were lots of people in her house for her Christmas cum birthday party, and it was very merry. I was always amazed by the beautiful Christmas tree, lightnings and soothing Christmas songs playing on the cassette. We always get to stay up late to welcome the Christmas carols, and I would giggle seeing my cousins singing at the back row; they were really tall boys!

To me, Christmas means lots of merriment and laughter amongst people that you care about.

Christmas also means, to a little girl like me then, lots of food on the table! Now that I'm all grown up, I remembered the table being full of food, but I can only recall the beautiful birthday cake for my sis, the baked turkey and fruit cakes!

I have always loved fruit cakes :-). And when I saw this talented mummy baking fruit cakes for sale for Christmas, I ordered 2 loaves for gifts. And hoping I can get a bite too when I present them to the recipients! Haha! Elaine was also nice to include 4 eggs free and dairy free cupcakes for my kids :-).

The fruits cakes were very nicely packaged (the box is at the background. Very festive!).Every slice is packed with fruits!Hop on to her blog here to order yummy fruit cakes for your loved ones :-).


(C) Lee Pei Yi. All rights reserved. Originally published for boeyjoey.blogspot.com. All images and text cannot be republished without expressed written permission.

9 comments:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

Mmmmmmm.....the cake sure looks delicious. I bet it taste heavenly too :)

reanaclaire said...

yes!! looks so rich too.. full of fruits and nuts!

UmmiRosma said...

oh I love fruit cakes too especially the steamed ones..so heavenly yummy and healthy...

prince n princess mum said...

Lots of fruits in it..

LittleLamb said...

yup. I ordered too for xmas. Cant wait to get my bite on it.

Sasha Tan said...

the cake looks delish!

wenn said...

ya..scrumptious!

Small Kucing said...

yumm yumm.....

coffeesncookies said...

i hope you liked the cake PY... thks for your very first order. it got the ball rolling and I finally completed all my orders 2 days ago :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails